Re: FAQ: I see that Masonic buildings are called Temples. Does that mean that Masons worship there?

The Freemasonry FAQ

Version 1.0 August 2006

This Frequently Asked Question comes from the weekly USENET MASONRY FAQ, posted to alt.freemasonry every Friday at 08:00 Pacific. Please refer to the weekly FAQ for other resource and contact information.

I see that Masonic buildings are called Temples. Does that mean that Masons worship there?

No. "Webster's New Twentieth Century Dictionary provides a definition for the word 'temple' which is as good an explanation as any: 'a building, usually of imposing size, serving the public or an organization in some special way; as, a temple of art, a Masonic temple'". (Dr. Jim Tresner. 33rd degree)

Reply to
larry.the.mason.from.holbrook+