Re: Extremely OT: My Disability

Well that explains a lot.

"They have difficulty ... interpreting subtle cues."

Evidently, they have difficulty responding to big fat loud "STOP TROLLING" cues, as well.

/killfiled thread...

Tim

Hi All: > > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome. > > I would like to give you some information about my disability. The > reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any > potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late]. > > I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a > neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social > interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can > often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They > have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle > cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural > conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This > can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my > behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social > situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not > always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time > I am able express my ideas. > > On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I > do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes. > > Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation, > and assistance. > > > Regards, > > Radium >
Reply to
Tim Williams