Re: Electric Cars Not Yet Viable

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Retarded... SloTard is on ignore after this retarded foray. There are a few more of his retarded posts to wade through but not much more.

FOAD, chump.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

whit3rd wrote in news:33795ec8-b64e-4108-8231- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That actually woud be doable. Need capable tractors though.

And double football field sized swap houses at more points along the ways.

Dig down... put 'em in basements, and build high schools over top.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Can you really be that stupid? Long trains are far more efficient on long hauls.

Why do you think it takes miles to stop one?

Load haulers use Newton to their advantage far better than simpletons.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Not a problem feeding from a High Voltage (100+ kV) line. Build the truck stop close to a HV line or build a HV line branch to an existing truck stop.

Even some medium voltage (MV) lines might do, but definitively not those few kilovolts MV lines crisscrossing the residential streets to feed the pig transformers.

Reply to
upsidedown

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You ain't real bright to think that.

And what is a slow freight train? They are only slow where you see them apparently because long freight runs can have some remarkable speeds at certain points in the run.

Take Wheat Ridge Colorado for instance. There is a nightly freight through there that can run pretty fast. That is where Western Digital was at one time before they moved manufacturing overseas. There was a LOT of train activity.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It is obvious. Electric locomotion is still infantile.

Look at car ranges.

square that for the needs of a load hauler to even match that run length... even empty.

If Tesla had a truck that could haul... a REAL hauler that can keep up... it would be major worldwide news.

His announcement, as I recall, had folks talking about the very things I mention... The world as we know, obviously has not embraced all that is Elon Musk and are more aware apparently than you about the engineering limitations. Like I said... if we had one it would come.

The stop point is battery tech. Not charging tech or paradigms about swapping trucks or electrolytes or battery packs, but the battery technology itself. You know, that energy density and actual weight thingy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Coaler me more informed.

So they haul stuff we are trying to use less of... is that my read on that?

Are they they 100 ton cars or the 120 ton cars? Or are they the "this rail is my rail" (that rail is your rail) sized cars? (a joke on the "not on our current system" aspect)(probably the 120T jobs).

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sure there is. One does not simply tap on. Safeties, fusing... many elements need to be there.

Easier with MV.

The voltages they carry would work fine. The problems is the age and leakage rate of said current system. We need new grid before new rail system and vehicle charging port inclusions.

So, you are saying that truck stops should now have their own substation. That would work, but the boys down at the generators may not like it much.

Again, new major grid elements and your special substations would have to be put in place.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Hauling performance isn't a problem. Electric motors have a better power-to

-weight and power to volume performance than their hydrocarbon-fuelled equi valents.

And it isn't going to be different enough to be problem. The truck drivers would prefer zero fuelling time, but as long as it stays a small proportion of the journey time nobody is going to get too excited.

Because nobody has tried to. It's a relatively small market, and there isn' t much money to made out of doing the engineering work involved.

You and all the other kibitzers.

What makes you think that?

The charging station may have to be rated in megawatts, but the megawatt ho urs are just what gets billed. Maybe a truck charging point is going to nee d its own private sub-station, but the utility companies are in the busines s of delivering megawatts of power to whoever is prepared to pay for it.

That isn't going to be a problem.

As if you had a clue about it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I've spent my entire working life around EEs, and still do. Most are stably married to good women who have good jobs (or vice versa for my two female engineers.) EEs tend to be financially prudent and to make pretty good money. I've never known one who was in financial distress.

There's a certain kind of woman who likes engineers, and they are a generally superior type.

"The only use women have for engineers is to marry them."

No American engineer would work for that. Where does Boeing pay $9? That's not even minimum wage in Seattle.

--
John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

And didn't learn anything about the electromagnetics involved.

You might have meant "self important". I'm not actually stupid - which is a presumptuous statement, but there is objective evidence to back it up. "Self-importance isn't something I could usefully comment on.

A Ph.D. and couple of patents in areas not closely associated with my Ph.D. work, not that anybody could care less.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You've clearly found some particularly defective anlyses.

Than diesel? Obviously true - they burn much the same hydrocarbons in much the same engines.

Utility grid generators are lot bigger and can be appreciably more efficien t.

Silly of you.

Flake your tools out obsidian?

There certainly are underwater HV lines.

Nobody has used them to power under-water inductive charging stations yet, but it's an idea.

Don't be silly. The grid would have to supply about 30% more power than it does at the moment if grid electricity supplied the energy now shipped arou nd in gas tankers. It's a big job, but it isn't going to happen overnight.

Of course it is feasible. Fidning the investors to pay for it might take a while, but feasibility isn't an issue.

Starting with the way you spread out political power.

The median standard of living. The average standard of living doesn't look anything like as bad, because the fat cats who have most of the effective p olitical power have used it to grab essentially all the growth of the US ec onomy since Reagan came to power.

You don't have to rebuild it - you just have to build it up a little faster than you have been doing. The grid isn't some kind of static monolith.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

So, the tires on EVs aren't rubber? Did it require a permit from the EPA to remove what was left of those tires?

Reply to
Michael Terrell

A number of large companies have already ordered trucks from Tesla as soon as they can get them.

You literally know nothing about this and you don't want to know anything. There is no point in discussing this with you.

--
  Rick C.

  ---+++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes... The MOTORS do, but NOT the battery pack that pushes it.

We KNOW the difference in efficiency between IC Engines and Electric motors at providing torque and power.

The powerplant is not the problem. The fuel container is.

We already know this. You acting as if you are the only one who does makes you nothing more than a lame joke on actual intelligent men.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Bill Sloman wrote in news:e0656687-f4de-4e2f- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You misspell all the time. I do not. You are impotent, and you did it to yourself. Hence, self impotent.

You get it now, chump!

You might have wanted me to mean self important, but you are too stupid to rise to the level of a Trump family member.

So no, dipshit... I hit it right on the mark.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Bill Sloman wrote in news:f531a10f-cdb0-4ffe- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If I get to test it across your neck when I finish it.... sure!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

NOT.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Bill Sloman wrote in news:f531a10f-cdb0-4ffe- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Don't need a primer from a retard like you about the US electrical grid.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If only you couls stop talking to the SloTurd. He fits your lame profile posts better than I.

As far as you knowing what I know or do not know... well... If you think you do, then you are nothing more than a street punk, because you are about as far off the mark as it gets.

Just because there is demand for what he currently has built does not mean they match performance, nor does it mean the current design ever could.

That demand will wain once those purchasers find out about the shortcomings. The actual perfect word for this.