Re: Does this make sense to you? (Computer question)

"madge" wrote

>> So my modem lights (the ones that indicate it "I be working!") were >>> turning on and off seemingly at random. >>> >>> Then the phone, which is also plugged into the same line via splitter >>> (yes, it has the filter on it) decided not to get a dial tone. >>> >>> So I basically unplugged everything, waited a little bit and plugged >>> it back in. As you can tell from this post, it is all working now. >>> >>> Was I lucky or was this a logical response to shit not working? >>> >> >> I suspect that both your modem and your phone are running MS Windows. >> >> Reboot is the final solution. > > Immolation of said equipment may be the only fix.

Bad idea -- might as well mix ammonia and bleach there's so much toxic crap in electronics. Electronics should only be burned by children in India.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

We all know. Your computer spews out toxic crap constantly.

Reply to
krw

wrote

I'm not sure what you mean. Did you mispell "carp"?

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

There goes that "875 Verbal SAT" intellect, again.

Reply to
krw

ter

ed

s.

I'm sensing your disappointment with oTTo.

Pssst. (a little secret about him)

...otto posts in the kibo group. now, you didn't hear this from me, but if you go post where ever you used to be, he'll be none the wiser and won't be able to follow you. tee-hee. shhhh.

--
Mark
Reply to

87.5 would be closer to the truth.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, that would imply that he was somehow important.

No lie? He's not an electronics engineer? I'll bet he doesn't even have an

875 verbal SAT either. What a liar! I'm shocked!

I do post where I "used to be".

Reply to
krw

Oh? Then what in the f*ck am i doing in your newsgroup? Tell me that!

--
Mark
Reply to

Simple. You are yet another ignorant Google Groups user who is cross posting to the news:sci.electronics.design Usenet group, as well as posting to news:alt.religion.kibology

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Like you are doing? Does that make you ignorant, too?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L Martin

First, I don't own any newsgroups. Second, if you're that ignorant, why must I be the one to enlighten you? Third, no.

Reply to
krw

Michael isn't the one asking you what he's doing, now is he? Sheesh, the kibbles are stupid!

Reply to
krw

That's not what makes him ignorant.

BW

Reply to
barbara

oTTo's computer did it. Automatically.

Dave "HTH" DeLaney

-- \/David DeLaney posting from snipped-for-privacy@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable

- net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Reply to
David DeLaney

is cross

he

So, are you and Mr. Terrell crossposting to a.r.k inadvertently?

Dr. HotSalt

Reply to
Dr. HotSalt

Matthew, take a little advice and block Terrel..

He's just an old cantankerous screw ball that thinks the world owes him something.. He over rates himself and likes to pass on his miserable disposition to others.

You'd be in much better health to simply ignore the old goat..

Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie

Are you dopes crossposting to SED inadvertently?

Reply to
krw

Matthew, "Jamie" is another DimBulb wannabe. Take his advice as you would from our "AlwaysWrong".

Have you looked in a mirror, lately, Jammie?

Have you looked in a mirror, lately, Jammie?

Reply to
krw

No, we are replying in our usual newsgroup to watch the ignorant cross posters pretend they are intelligent.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And who are you to judge? Tell us all about the electronics you've designed or built. Is any of it in orbit? Approved by the FAA or FCC? Have you ever built a commercial radio or TV station? How about building an earth station for NOAA?

IP Information - 72.81.149.111 IP address: 72.81.149.111 Reverse DNS: pool-72-81-149-111.bltmmd.east.verizon.net. Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified] ASN: 19262 ASN Name: VZGNI-TRANSIT IP range connectivity: 6 Registrar (per ASN): ARIN Country (per IP registrar): US [United States] Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars] Country IP Range: 72.64.0.0 to 72.127.255.255 Country fraud profile: Normal City (per outside source): Columbia, Maryland Country (per outside source): US [United States] Private (internal) IP? No IP address registrar: whois.arin.net Known Proxy? No Link for WHOIS: 72.81.149.111