Re: cheap diamonds at last?

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't think I've ever seen silver used to improve the thermals of a > semiconductor. The advantage over copper is small. >

The point was that if you are trying to eek out all your last bits faster (and more expensively, like the diamond), it is better.

And the little gain you spoke of is 5%. That is better than "a small advantage".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

5% is awfully close to 0%.

An embedded diamond cube could cut theta by 3:1 maybe.

lunatic fringe electronics

Well assuming you get good conduction between the copper and diamond, surface effects (between the two) might be the downfall.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

And, isotopically-pure diamond has dramatically more thermal conduction than ordinary diamond.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

This is the sounds that mice make. You probably mean "eke"

Reply to
+++ATH0

That would be even better to cool a semiconductor.

lunatic fringe electronics

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Been done. Long ago. Not a synthesis... a conversion. The problem is that the process costs far more than the yield.

Better off refiltering old gold mine tailing piles.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John S wrote in news:q4c8e0$gp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Nearly ALL Silver on lead frames in the entire semiconductor industry were ALL Silver clad Copper leads. Hell most were actually Cadmium plated. Many makers still Silver plate some of their parts, but few put on a heavy clad and I'd bet NONE use pure Silver. Cadmium got banned but it was for oxidation. The silver was for conduction.

If you fried a silver clad lead, you did it by way of short, and the melting temp of the lead did not mean a thing at that point. Normal operation of the device does not exhibit the behavior you are trying to foist off onto the lead composition.

You chumps caused the short and that will melt ANY lead.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John S wrote in news:q4c8e0$gp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Making shit up. It is a pure two valence electron metal. It has BETTER conduction numbers and behavior than Copper. There are NO negative aspects of its use other than price. Period.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I like it!

+++ATH0 wrote in news:r-OdnUadRtrGJPTBnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

ATH**** your modem is broken.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No shit? Ya think?

So, do you often forget words you learned early in life?

"more" is one of the first words we learn as humans.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You are so stupid that your presence here lowers the group IQ to less than zero. You are therefore an intelligence black hole.

Reply to
John S

John S wrote in news:q4ecv4$5s2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

If it were as you say then fuses would have Silver fusing zones to melt away. In fact, it is YOU whom knows NOTHING about Silver.

I would be willing to bet that the leads you claim were Silver were, in fact Silver clad Copper.

Modern versions are plated as cladding is costlier.

I was doing component verifications and QA years before you ever took guesses at how a component was constructed.

You are a dopey dipshit, and every time you post you prove it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

"gem quality" is the key here.

The fakes are absolutely and easily identified because natural gems ALL have flaws and ALL get laser serialized these days. Fakes are usually all flaw free and therefore readily spotted as man made.

The word for today is "inclusion".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

mandag den 18. februar 2019 kl. 21.41.21 UTC+1 skrev snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org:

with out the laser tag you need a lab to tell the difference, both have inclusions they are just slightly different, but De Beers have a big marketing department

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

But cladding works better. A layer of plated silver is actually a bunch of silver crystals, and it's conductivity is lower than that of similar mass o f solid copper. You could probably melt and fuse the crystals with fast las er pulse without getting the wire underneath all that hot, but nobody seems to bother.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Bill

AlwaysWrong keeps his perfect record. Amazing.

Reply to
krw

It is very common to use silver as the fusible link in power system fuses. "Silver-sand" fuses can have a clearing time well under 1/4 second, lowering both the peak current and energy that gets to the protected equipment. They are called "current limiting".

Why do you suppose people call you "always wrong"?

Reply to
bud--