Re: Californicans are scumbags - I

(*) There is also a pleasant trend here in Arizona... more women are

> opting to be stay-at-home moms... my oldest granddaughter (the > only/oldest/married one of my five granddaughters, with an MBA, UofA ) > has so chosen. She is 29 and has three children. Married in 2013, she > and husband and the three great-grandchildren just moved to this house > in the East Valley area of Phoenix...

You must be justifiably very proud - and very grateful none of your children turned out (or married someone) like Bill Sloman!

Cursitor Doom

Indeed!

Let's just say that prospective grand-sons-in-law undergo considerable scrutiny by the granddaughter's father and by me ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

An MBA from the University of Arizona would be safe from my attentions. My ex-girl-friends mostly seem to be professors in serious subjects at serious universities.

Cursitor Doom left out the bit about her being married to an executive with a real estate loan company - one of the people who gave the world the sub-prime mortgage crisis. So much to be proud of and grateful for.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Pity other parents aren't so diligent in this "progressive" age in which we're being forced to live.

Cursitor Doom

Apparently it is changing. "Millennial's" are suddenly going conventional, marrying, buying homes, etc. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Young people have always liked to rebel against authority. In the 50s and

60s that was generally a pretty bad idea, but today it's an outstandingly good one. Conservatism is being embraced by these millenials as the new counterculture and the kids are viewing their dissolute, deadbeat, tattooed, drug-addled, benefit-dependent parents with a refreshing disgust. It's a win-win for everyone concerned we were going to hell in a handbasket.
Cursitor Doom

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson's idea of "diligence" let his daughter marry an executive in a real estate loan company - one of the people who gave the world the sub-prime mortgage crisis.

As kids have been known to observe, parental preferences for potential spouses aren't always well-founded.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cursitor Doom must move in strange circles. None of my circle of friends was ever dissolute, deadbeat, drug-addled or benefit-dependent.

I certainly got unemployment benefit in the Netherlands for four years, but I wasn't remotely dependent on it.

It's scarcely conservative to marry and buy a house - people have been doing it since there were houses to buy, and while it might have been "progressive" to sleep around a bit before you settled down, AIDS put paid to that idea a while ago.

Cursitor Doom likes to think that we were going to hell in a handbasket, but he won't be able to find any statistical evidence to support that point of view.

Current US statistics do support the idea that the US is something of a shithole country, with high and rising inequality creating all sorts of progressively worse social problems, and US millenials are suffering from this.

They may want to get educated, get a good job, marry and buy a house, but if their parents aren't rich (which means in the top 1% of the income distribution in the US) they can find it difficult.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

Am 02.02.2018 um 17:57 schrieb Long Hair:

Verletzung der Vertraulichkeit des Wortes

(1) Mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu drei Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe wird bestraft, wer unbefugt

  1. eine so hergestellte Aufnahme gebraucht oder einem Dritten

(2) 1Ebenso wird bestraft, wer unbefugt

ene

  1. das nach Absatz 1 Nr. 1 aufgenommene oder nach Absatz 2 Nr. 1

tlaut

Mitteilung geeignet ist, berechtigte Interessen eines anderen zu

he

gemacht wird.

Dienst besonders Verpflichteter die Vertraulichkeit des Wortes verletzt

(4) Der Versuch ist strafbar.

Teilnehmer

Vielleicht nicht bei den Rednecks in Amerika, aber hier in Deutschland schon.

Mhm. Schon seltsam, was man in den USA so unter "electronics design" alles versteht.

Holger

Reply to
Holger

That krw could understand. Google translate is beyond him.

"No. Protection of not publicly spoken word.

Violation of the confidentiality of the word

(1) A prison sentence of up to three years or a fine Whoever, without authorization First the word of another is not publicly spoken on a Phonogram receives or

  1. A recording thus produced used or a third party makes it accessible.

(2) 1Ebenso Whoever, without authorization

  1. not intended for their knowledge not publicly spoken another is listening word with a listening device or
  2. The according to paragraph 1, no. 1 accommodated or paragraph 2 Nos. 1 Bugged not publicly spoken word of another in the wording or its publicly communicates essential content.

The act pursuant to sentence 1 no. 2 is punishable only if the public is suitable message, the legitimate interests of others affect. It is not unlawful if the public made announcement for the performance of outstanding public interest becomes.

(3) A prison sentence of up to five years or a fine Whoever, as a public official or as the Civil Service special duty violates the confidentiality of the word (Paragraphs 1 and 2).

(4) The test is an offense.

(5) The records and listening devices that the perpetrator or

Maybe not with the rednecks in America, but here in Germany beautiful. "

Reply to
bill.sloman

Am 03.02.2018 um 07:39 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org:

ote:

1

Thank you for that Google translation. I wrote the last sentence, my translation would be: "This law applies not necessarily, where the rednecks live, but here in Germany." But I am wrong, the U.S. penal code has a similar law. Details here:

ial duties

(a)In General.?Whoever knowingly makes restricted personal inform ation about a covered person, or a member of the immediate family of that covered person, publicly available? (1) with the intent to threaten, intimidate, or incite the commission of a crime of violence against that covered person, or a member of the immediate family of that covered person; or (2) with the intent and knowledge that the restricted personal information will be used to threaten, intimidate, or facilitate the commission of a crime of violence against that covered person, or a member of the immediate family of that covered person, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or bot h.

HTH, Holger

Reply to
Holger

Recording you and making it publicly available are two different things.

Reply to
Long Hair

snip

In other words... if there is no nefarious purpose intended, it is NOT illegal to do. Sheesh.

Reply to
Long Hair

ormation

Since it has been made public, you are wrong.

Holger

Reply to
Holger

Perhaps Jim is a fan of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers?

Cursitor Doom

What are you? Bisexual or something??

:-D

Cursitor Doom

Nope. I'm more of a "Black and Blue..." fan:

The birthrates for Californica and Arizona are currently within a decimal point of each other, though Californica's is steadily falling whilst Arizona's is rising... probably economics... it's expensive to have a family in Californica.

In Arizona the percentage of stay-at-home mom's is rising... the Thompson family is doing its part... our average birthrate seems to be right around 3 children per mother ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sweet. 50% jazz, 50% blues; what's not to like?

What the hell happened to Miles Davis? So much unfulfilled promise. :(

Cursitor Doom

He was a heroin addict. What do you think happened?

Reply to
Long Hair