Re: Bench Light (Prehijacked) }:-)>

> So I got one of them arm lights. ... a CCFL bulb > in there wreaked havoc on anything with gain.

Go LEDs, bring in quiet DC power from a distance.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Amazon has thousands of LED lights. Some of the LED goosenecks are great for working on things.

I put a few LED strip lights on the underside of the lowest shelf on my bench. With a dimmer. Works great.

And a couple of LED spots to illuminate my whiteboard.

lunatic fringe electronics

Amazon is like the State Store except a State Store the State doesn't like very much, that has products in stock...

Reply to
bitrex

Sometimes I think everyone posting in this group is on drugs.

Hey! Just say NO!

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Thank you. That was very helpful.

lunatic fringe electronics

You can't buy drugs on Amazon yet as far as I know.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh. You wanted helpful. Ah okay. These are my LED bench lights from Amazon they work very well:

These goggles I recommend for working at a bench with LED lighting:

Reply to
bitrex

Goggles aside, is the LED lamp really 2000 lumens would you say? That should be noticeably brighter than a 100 watt lamp which is typically 1500 lumens.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

yeah, but like he said "enjoy" it elsewhere build a linear ballast if needed.

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (19 May 2019 12:40:40 -0700) it happened Winfield Hill wrote in :

Indeed, I was a big spender and bought one of these in 2013:

Flexible Office Mini 28 LED USB Light For Computer Lamp Laptop PC Desk Reading 2$52

One should not plug those in an USB connector, its weight will kill the connector, so I modified things and fixed it to front PC with super glue:

It is still working, have it on most of the evening. Glue to any heavy object, 5V DC, no interference..

After 7 years 2 LEDs died in it, makes little or no difference in light. it is VERY bright, no way can you look into it. Easily adjustable, great keyboard light too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I bought some of those... they had some internal switching supply. (LED's modulated at ~30 kHz or something like that.) I hacked in a current C-multipler and it works fine.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold