Re: A toy oscilloscope for droning?

John Lark>

>> speff wrote: >>> John Doe wrote: > >>>> LESS THAN $100 US. For people who are familiar with current low >>>> end prices. I suppose they're crap to an engineer, but bear with >>>> me. >>>> >>>> Any recommendation for either a handheld or a PC/USB >>>> oscilloscope that might be fun to use with consumer drones? I >>>> see some are for automotive use, is there something in that? In >>>> the measly selection of less than $100 oscilloscopes, what >>>> qualities should I look for? Any specific recommendation? >>>> >>>> Does viewing multiple motors or motor drivers at the same time >>>> benefit anything? Or is a single channel enough? >>>> >>>> Of course I want it to be useful, but it's as much for >>>> amusement. >>> >>> Those little LCD ARM based things are basically junk and are >>> expensive for what functionality they offer. >>> >>> Save your pennies for a Rigol or Owon. You will not regret it. > >> Yes. Get a real oscilloscope. $250 or so isn't a lot of money. > >Besides being off-topic... "$250 or so" is a lot of pennies, >especially if "or so" means closer to $350. > > > > > >

Amazon will sell you a decent scope for about $250.

Or stick to playing with what you admit is toys.

lunatic fringe electronics

Looks like kind of a nuisance, setting up a PC and USB and running software every time you use it. For general use, probing uPs and such,

20 MHz would be pretty bad. 50 might be OK, 100 is better.

If you want to be an electrical engineer, spending $250 on a real oscilloscope doesn't sound like a big deal. For one-time scoping of a drone interface, the USB scope might be enough.

Well, keep it up!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The $20 kit on banggood.com is well designed for the most part, fun to build for a hobby kit, and very practical if you ever need a scope on top of a ladder to look at RS232 levels or something. I did that once and it paid for itself. I would not have wanted to hold my Rigol 8 feet off the floor.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso