Raspbery Pi as PIC programmer

I use the noppp programmer as PIC programmer. That one has a parallel port interface, and is 5 V based. So I made a cable with a buffer for the Raspberry Pi, could only find a 74HCT08 (quad and gate) and used that as buffer and level converter. Should work in most cases, the Raspberry GPIO port is not 5 V tolerant so...

The jppp18 PIC programmer software I wrote, I rewrote it for the Raspberry Pi, so it uses GPIO, renamed it jppp18pi :-)

Interesting is that I now have the assembler on the Pi too. So I can work on the Pi (it is reasonable fast), or ssh from any other place in the world to it, or from the laptop as I do here.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje