Raspberry Pi Element14 COMPLIANCE TESTING Update

============================

Frequently Asked Questions about Raspberry Pi

UPDATED AT 8:51 am GMT 26 March

Q. What is the latest update ?

A. COMPLIANCE TESTING - Over the weekend, Raspberry Pi provide us with an update on the compliance testing needed for the Model B boards. Originally, they had intended to defer compliance testing until the release of the cased educational boards. But, as demand has been so high for even the uncased version, we've agreed that this testing should happen now instead of later. Raspberry Pi did a first trial run in a test chamber and will have a detailed technical update for us in the next few days. It is still too early to say what this will mean for deliveries and we hope any impact will be minimal. The first batch of boards are due to arrive in the UK this week. We are working closely with the guys from the Raspberry Pi Foundation to understand how this compliance testing will impact delivery dates for our customers and the impact, if any, on future orders that were originally expected to be delivered in April, May and June. We will communicate to all of our Raspberry Pi customers in the coming days once the testing is underway and we have a clearer picture. To view the full raspberry Pi update by Eben Upton, please click here:

Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Sounds suspicious. You'll get the result immidiately when you do the test, so they would have wrote "success", and you can even try to fix it on the spot, e.g. adding ferrite rings, if it failed. Maybe the test failed and now they are thinking about how to say it to the customers or how to implement workarounds?

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

IMHO Too many "problems", and too many "excuses". Next the bloody container will fall off the ship while in transit or something and there will be another "delay".

I have seen similar situations in the past where everything conveniently goes wrong and continues to go wrong. in the past.

Reply to
kreed