Raspberry --> buzzer

Hi to all.

Buzzer:

... 0-paq.html

My buzzer makes a noise when the GPIO output is off. Shortly, if i set high it will play sound normal, but when pin is low / turned off, i can still hear some white noise (simmer)

Any idea how to reduce/eliminate this ? Maybe putting some resistor between gnd and that GPIO pin ?

GM

Reply to
gm

I would put a transistor betweene the GPIO and the Buzzer, so the current u sed by the buzzer is not sourced by the Rpi. And if the buzzer shotrs you d on't fry the Rpi.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

a scritto:

used by the buzzer is not sourced by the Rpi. And if the buzzer shotrs you don't fry the Rpi.

oh sorry, I thought the post were in the Raspberry Pi group (so I assumed y ou're using a RPi). But the considerations apply for every uP you're are using.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

----------------- So you are suggesting that i connect one part of buzzer to transistor and other part to 5V ? Like this :

gm

That would be about perfect, but I don't know this would do anything for your original problem. I have no idea why it would be making noise when there is little or no voltage on it.

--

Rick C
Reply to

:

et

can

If V_out remains below 0.6v during the noise it would fix it. You can alway s add diodes. As is often the way we just don't have enough info to say wha t will work.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr