Rapid prototype and small quantity PCB run

I've recently learned there's a convention coming up where I might be able to sell a few of a widget that I designed a while back, perhaps in quantity of 50-100. The design is complete, and I would begin work on the layout immediately. The circuit is pretty simple, maybe 4 ICs on a double-sided board about 3" by 4" would be my guess, in a basic enclosure.

I actually have all of the ICs required for a run of this size in stock in through-hole, and because the circuit is fairly simple for this limited run I could probably solder them all up myself quickly, even while I'm at the show.

So basically I need a prototype to do a final check on the design/layout, and then a run of 50-100 boards of that size, and some kind of basic enclosure. The circuit is battery powered.

Is this feasible? I wouldn't be looking to make a huge profit on each item, but I don't really want to do a loss leader thing either. The total cost of the ICs and discretes is not much, maybe $2 at the outside in quantity, so the major costs would be the prototype, board run, and the enclosure.

I would hope to continue to sell the item, probably in a modified and more polished form using surface-mount components via online outlets afterwards.

The start date of the show is August 20th. I've never had to turn something around this quickly - if it's not possible it's not possible but I'd like to give it a shot.

Reply to
bitrex