radioshack is dumping connectors

While looking for camera batteries, I see ratshack still exists online, and is dumping their BNC, PL259, SMA, etc. Got me a bunch of T and barrels, gold SMA crimps, etc., some for $1-$2.

(((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) )))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty

beaty, chem washington edu Research Engineer billb, amasci com UW Chem Dept, Bagley Hall RM74 x3-6195 Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700

Reply to
Bill Beaty

I got about a hundred BNC connectors, four or six to a pack of various types, for 90% off when my local rat shack went OOB a while ago, I recall some folks here saying they weren't worth the money even at that price. Oh well would've been a shame for them to just be tossed. /shrug

Reply to
bitrex

there's variation in quality, I got some cheap SMA connectors one time where the dielectric melted when you soldered them. the dielectric is supposed to be ptfe, that doesn't melt..

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

They do have teflon UHF connectors. But not cheap. (I got a bunch of them at $1 each during a store sell-out, same price as poly version. Also some 250 watt solder guns for $11!)

beaty, chem washington edu Research Engineer billb, amasci com UW Chem Dept, Bagley Hall RM74 x3-6195 Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700

Reply to
Bill Beaty

It's a private company General Wireless Operations dba Radio Shack. They're in bankruptcy since March of last year or something. The quick bankruptcy filing leads me to suspect Romney has his hand in there somewhere.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred