radio shack (humour, maybe)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:52:29 +0200) it happened martin griffith wrote in :

:-) Yes Radio Shack has helped me out at times. For various unexpected things. I remember buying a microphone, some chip.....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I found it humourous - I wonder if the article is a gag? I like this quote: ""I know one thing," Day continued. "If Sony and JVC start including gold-tipped cable cords with their products, we're screwed.""

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You're not familiar with The Onion? They specialize in satire, sarcasm, etc.

Reply to
Greg Neill

WHAT!!!!?!?!?!??!!

Do you mean that they MAKE STUFF UP??????!!!!

They can't DO that! This is the INTERNET, where EVERYTHING IS TRUE!!!!

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error when I click that link, but this one works:

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Page Not Found Oops!

The page or image you requested cannot be found.

Please use our search form or browse the archives to find the page you were looking for.

Thank you.

Reply to
Robert Baer

they changed the url

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

She left him on the sofa when the phone rang, and was back in a few seconds. "Who was it?" he asked. "My husband," she replied. "I better get going," he said. "Where was he?" "Relax. He'll be late, he's playing poker with you."

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

ROFL!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Actually i think it is quite simple. They used low price to massacre their betters like Lafayette, Olson Electronics, and mail order competitors Allied Radio (can you say Knight kit) and Burnstein-Appleby. To the great detriment of all. See also Wal-Mart.

--
 JosephKK
 Click to see the full signature

I don't recall radio shack ever having lower prices on anything than lafayette. Lafayette had other serious problems including obsolete stock an always backordered stock. What put them out of business is that they didn't cater to the technologically inept.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Hey, of it was not on the shelf at Olson's or Lafayette i ordered from Allied or Burnstien-Appelby. Or tried Newark, or the one of the numerous local surplus houses. I bought a couple dozen uA741 op amps for about $1 each surplus in the middle to late 1960's; retail was over 5 times as much.

40 years later and much better parts are "penny parts".