radiation hardened chip

hi, i want to know about radiation hardened chip,can u guys please help me out????

Reply to
ujjwal.electronics

Dielectric Isolation between transistors, along with (?)tungston resistors was one way i heard about.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Maybe you could tell us what type of chip you are looking for. Any idea of the radiation environment in which this chip might be operated?

Reply to
slalumondiere

hi ,robert,thanx 4 d rply.can u give me d address of sm websites frm where i cud get the information about these chips.actually i want to know in detail about abt this chip.Or else can u xplain 2 me abt this chip,i hope u will we knowing a lot abt it.

Reply to
ujjwal.electronics

hi ,dear,thanx 4 d rply.can u give me d address of sm websites frm where i cud get the information about these chips.actually i want to know in detail about abt this chip.Or else can u xplain 2 me abt this chip,i hope u will we knowing a lot abt it.

Reply to
ujjwal.electronics

A number if ICs (analog and digital) were made for the military for use in satellites, where radiation is a concern. I think that SOS was another process used.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Potato?

Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had
years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet,
make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.
                               -- Dave Barry
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Alrighty,

Let me begin with the background texts:

Messenger and Ash, The Effects of Radiation on Electronic Systems Ma And Dressendorfer, Ionizing Radiation Effects in MOS Devices Clays and Simoen, Radiation Effects in Advanced Semiconductor Materials and Devices Messenger and Ash, Single Event Phenomena

As I am typing this, there is a conference being held in Honolulu, HI on the very subject for which you are interested. It is called the Nuclear and Space Radiation Effects Conference. The proceedings from this conference are published in December in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. You can find the program for this year's conference on their website:

A very informative, publicly available issue of The Aerospace Corporation's magazine on the space radiation environment, device design for that environment and testing of those devices:

You'll find more information, many links and a database of parts tested on NASA Goddards Radiation Effects & Analysis Home Page:

You will also find many articles on reliability and radiation hardened devices on NASA's Office of Logic Design website:

Just the tip of the iceberg, but I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions you'd like answered.

Reply to
slalumondiere

Buffalo.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Any chance you could write in English?

I only worked in one company that did radhard, and that was during the dark ages. It did go on epi, which was not common at the time. I doubt you could find CMOS that isn't on epi nowadays.

Reply to
miso

Potato chips do seem to be more radiation tolerant than chocolate chips.

Reply to
slalumondiere

That, and a few weeks of solar radiation and you'll have quite a hard chip.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. -- Salvor Hardin
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

How about you loose the sms speak.

--