Question About Color LCD Displays

I have already looked online and the answers do not seem to be forthcoming.

A while back I had to change a broken screen on a laptop. So me and a buddy , over a six pack plus decided to take the broken panel apart.

I was kinda expecting to see some sort of layer with color filters so they can do red, green and blue. I examined this SOB pretty good and there was n o such thing in there.

I did see a layer, some sort of diffraction thing with unusual (to me) prop erties. It is like it shifted everything to the left when you look through it.

Do they separate the colors by diffraction ? Like making a bunch of tiny ra inbows with microprisms ? I guess that would be the most efficient. But at first thought, without giving it alot of thought, one would expect to see l ike a color filter that is aligned with the pixels.

Reply to
jurb6006

Den onsdag den 1. juni 2016 kl. 01.42.40 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

g.

dy, over a six pack plus decided to take the broken panel apart.

y can do red, green and blue. I examined this SOB pretty good and there was no such thing in there.

operties. It is like it shifted everything to the left when you look throug h it.

rainbows with microprisms ? I guess that would be the most efficient. But a t first thought, without giving it alot of thought, one would expect to see like a color filter that is aligned with the pixels.

Lasse Langwadt Christensen