Pulse Rated electrolytic capacitors

For a demonstrator I am looking for about 10..20 Pulse Rated capacitors (photo flash, welding) of about 800..1500 uF, 300...500 Vdc.

Who knows a good source with reasonable price that ships to Europe?

With kind regards,

Wim PA3DJS

Please remove abc first in case of PM

Reply to
Wimpie

In the USA we have thrift/church stores where donated items are resold. They all have a shelf or box full of discarded film cameras with flash. Its very easy to extract the caps, most are 200 uF at 330 volts.

bw

Can you gang up smaller photo-flash capacitors to reach the desired capacity?

Electronics Goldmine

has a couple of types for sale - 120 uF 330 Vdc for $0.99 each (take-outs from photoflash boards which were never shipped) and 100 uF 330 Vdc for $1.50 (unused). They do ship overseas to some countries ($50 minimum order).

All Electronics

has 270 uF 330 Vdc photoflash caps (unused) for $1.00 each, $0.85 each in quantities 10 to 99. They will ship overseas.

Dave Platt

El 04-08-11 22:34, bw escribió:

Hello,

I thought that these were a niche product over here, but still several online shops sell them, so they are still alive.

Thanks for the hint.

Wim PA3DJS

Please remove abc first in case of PM

Reply to
Wimpie

El 04-08-11 23:23, Dave Platt escribió:

Hello Dave,

I found

some weeks ago, but I overlooked
This seems a good offer. If it is true what they offer (new old stock) it means you have about 1.4 kJ storage for USD 70 + shipping.

Just some slow reforming may bring them back to new state.

Info on overseas shipping is not fully clear to me, but some email will solve that I think.