pull down on input of fpga i/o

i need to interface to an fpga input, i have a 100k pull down there that gets tied to 3.3V for my logic high signal. it's been working fine, is a 100k pull down a pretty reasonable thing to do at an fpga input?

Reply to
panfilero

There are a couple of considerations.. leakage current spec at maximum die temperature and potential noise pickup, so chip and application/layout dependent.

Values in the range 4K7 to 20K are more common, and don't draw any more current if it's an input.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Den torsdag den 19. september 2013 15.45.26 UTC+2 skrev panfilero:

you have to look at the datasheet for the FPGA, a spartan6 pull up/down if enabled is 200-500uA at 3.3V, so an FPGA pullup would override an external

100k pull down

and depending on how you set a pin the pullups are enabled during configuration

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

100K sounds rather high, normally I would expect a lower value except if it is to reduce power consumption.

Be careful of enabling bus-hold. That can make a mess of any passive pull-up or pull-down.

Also at configuration time the FPGA may automatically enable a pull-up. That may cause confusion.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93