proto pcbs

Any suggestion for a supplier of a few cheap 4-layer boards? One of those quickie online-order things maybe.

Thanks

 Click to see the full signature

onsdag den 20. februar 2019 kl. 21.56.39 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

PCBway.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You need to specify a couple things. Like... is China OK?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What's cheap? (how much turn around time.) I get often buy 3 protos from advanced circuits for ~$100. (4pcb.com) They have a 4 layer standard that I think is twice as much.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Phil's guys will do 10 of my 4-layer boards for $75 total, plus $17 shipping, 5 days. These are very small boards.

I don't usually prototype but there's a decent chance that this one won't work, and may need iterating, so I'll make a few and see. If it does work, I'll have a few to sell!

 Click to see the full signature

torsdag den 21. februar 2019 kl. 01.34.16 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

I think jlcpcb wants ~$30 for 10 pcbs 4 layers, 100x100mm

and they will do a panel with v-scores

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

jlcpcb is the cheapest I have ever found. pics of their boards and reviews suggest they are OK

Reply to
david eather

Their form looked identical to PCBWAY, and produced the exact same price, $75 for 10.

But JL does sound nice.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I tried them a few weeks ago. The boards were fine, shipment was fast, ordered Sunday, got the boards on Friday.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

OSH Park :

if needed OSH stencils :

100% satisfied.
Reply to
CGH

TTman

We're using them for our production orders as well as prototyping. Can't beat the price and the quality is good.

Reply to
John S

We buy from JLCPCB all the time (once a week at least). The boards are fine. Typical delivery is 6 to 8 days after order. Sometimes only 5.

For our RF boards, or impedance-controlled 6-layer boards, we usually use Tropical. I mention it only because we do not trust JLC for those...

Reply to
mpm

Thanks, a very handy site. Doesn't include Sunstone.

Not sure I'd go with the cheapest one. I've been happy with PCBWay, using DHL shipping. They're from third to sixth down the list. I like that they accept PayPal.

My goto PCB house, Advanced Circuits, in Denver, is one of the most expensive for regular production, but their $33 special (min 3) moves them up the list a few spots. Delivery from PCBWay, using DHL, is fast, maybe faster.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

That's the other thing about PCBway--they produce these beautiful stencils, stretched on a Godzilla aluminum weldment, for $50 plus shipping. Super easy to use, not as easy to store!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If we need a quickturn and it's not so complex that I can assemble I always go with Sunstone as I live nearby.

For longer lead time and assembly I also am a fan of PCBWay. Unfortunately none of them are approved vendors for megacorp so I can only get away with it until it's a released product where we go back to paying 10x....

Reply to
Marke

I use E-teknet in Arizona. They contract out with a bunch of Chinese shops, but I've had them do several hundreds of different board designs, and they are REALLY good. (They actually ended up buying most of those shops, so they could control quality.) Not the cheapest, but they really know what they are doing.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Pentalogix is very good, and very cheap for onshore. The result is that they're backlogged, of course.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If I need fast, I look at

However, I a) support own country businesses and b) local businesses. To that end, I use compunetics.com (which may not fit your definition of cheap, fast) J

Reply to
jjhudak4