proto boards

Can someone recommend a supplier for small quantities (like 4) prototype 4-layer boards, with reasonable turn time (1-2 weeks)?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Sunstone would be my go-to for that, and you could get the boards in a few days. If you could stand a 3-4 week turn you'll save about a factor of 10 in price by going to OshPark. Oshpark is a board aggregator, but they deal with board houses in the US, not China -- so turns are a bit quicker and quality is more dependable.

I've bought a lot of 2-layer boards from OshPark (and Sunstone), but only a few 4-layer boards from Sunstone.

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

depending on how they count days and what shipping you choose they might be close to 2 weeks

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

We use Pentalogix and Gold Phoenix.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

PCB-Prototyping.html

I assume you're not talking about Sunstone -- if they say 2 days, they mean shipped in two days, and since they charge you up the wazoo, getting it shipped next day isn't the most significant blow to your pocket book.

(Sunstone has done nice work for me so far -- but they know how much it costs for an engineering team to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs, and they price their service accordingly.)

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I use advanced circuits for two layer. ($33 each) they have 4-layer for $66.

You use to be able to get 3 (so ~$100 for 3*$33) but then they raised the minimum to 4 or 5.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

+1 for Advanced. Never had any problems with them. Sunstone is OK too.
--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

I use E-Teknet in Arizona for pretty much all my boards. They are not "dirt cheap" for prototypes, but still pretty competitive, for boards with solder mask and silk screen. Their quality is REALLY good, which is why I like them.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I'll second that, a good company. Only once they messed up by splitting grounds in the Gerbers but did an expedite run for free to make up for this. Everyone can make a mistake and they handled it very professionally.

These days I use complete turn-key:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Once 4pcb left the insulator out between 2 inner layers. They were good about it, replacing the boards quickly. And we've learned to always test before stuffing the boards!

Anyway you can use: pcbshopper.com to find a suitable fab house (based on size, layers, time, quantity...)

Reply to
Frank Miles

I have had good luck with them too. A coworker likes Bittele.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

I recently used . Didn't have any problems.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

Someone else here recomended them and they turned out to be pretty good. Some problems early on but have been trouble free since. The quality of the boards are very good.

Martin Riddle

I cast my vote with Advanced Circuits as well. John, who do you usually use for your complex boards?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Looks like Cirexx, Electronic Interconnect, Royal Circuits, Coastal Circuits, Cordova. Purchasing does that, so I don't have much involvement.

We did order the new protos from Myro. I'll let you know how they come out.

Here's the board. It's a mess of different circuits. I'll shear it up into separate bits and parcel out circuits for engineers to build and test.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com