Protecting a CMOS gate input

It looks like you could make it oscillate when the button is held, or not, by changing the resistor ratio.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

?dl=0

Not sure what the issue is with protection, but the debounce I suggested re quires a schmitt trigger clock input which I stated. If it has that, the c ircuit will work.

Input protection depends on the input spec. We don't have one, so of cours e there will be input conditions that will not be met. State an input spec and perhaps I can suggest input conditioning circuits to protect the circu it.

What makes you think this circuit will work reliably? While it may have a schmitt trigger input that is not enough to assure the idle level will be c lose enough to the threshold voltage to sit in the state given rather than revert to a default state. The threshold value is specified as a wide rang e that can vary with process and temperature.

Definitely the R values need to be tweaked to achieve anything like "low" p ower when on. But I guess in comparison to 15 amps even many mA is "low".

--

  Rick C.

  ++- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricky C