Problem with programming atmega32 using ISP

Hello Everyone!

I have this problem programming atmega32. I am new to this platform. I have tried using AVRDUDE and PonyProg both are not able to program the device. I have followed the ISP interface (MISO/MISO thing) and followed the schematics available on internet carefully.

PonyProg gives a -24 error saying it cannot recognize the attached device. While AVRDUDE simply freezes and does nothing.

Any inputs and tips on what might be causing problems would be highly helpful.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rakesh

Sometimes they look dead but usally it's the wrong choice of clock source. Default fac. setting is the onboard clock. Maybe the ext x-tal is is selected with the fuses..

SFC

"Rakesh" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@i56g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
SFC

"SFC" schreef in bericht news:45a5082f$0$30662$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Had the same experience. Removing the Xtal and connecting an 8MHz external oscillator to the XTAL1 pin during the programming solved the problem. Be sure to know the functions of the configuration bits and keep in mind that the checkboxes in ponyprog sometimes confuse the inexperienced user.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Maybe it's a high voltage only device? i use the AVR's dev board to code them, it does not come with a DC adapter how ever, i did find that i could not use the ISP option because the adapter i was using had insufficient current. Maybe you might want to look in that area.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

avrfreaks.net is a good source of info for avr freaks...

Reply to
martin.shoebridge