Problem with audio amplifier

Hi, I have a problem with this audio amplifier (i'm new in this field, so excuse me for my questions):

I've used it as single ended amplifier. It is connected to a DAC: between DAC and IN- a CR high pass filter is present. DAC can generete signals from 0 to Vdd (the same Vdd of TPA2005); so a value between -Vdd/2 +Vdd/2 is present in IN-. From datasheet i can obtain a value between -Vdd/+Vdd at loudspeaker; so i've decided a gain=2 for ampifier. Audio sounds well, but loudspeaker's volume is very low....where is the problem? Thanks in advance

Reply to
eryer

pdf

Do you establish a common mode voltage on one of the resistors inputs, then AC couple to the other? I am assuming you drive it single ended, but use the bridged output .Otherwise you would have DC going through the speaker.

Reply to
miso

Thanks for the answer... I'm using configuration in Figure 34 of pag.11 of datasheet

I've done these calculations

  1. GAIN=2 => Ri=150Kohm
  2. high pass corner frequency=321Hz => Ci=3.3nF I think there is a DC in the speaker (because it is very hot), but i don't understand what's wrong... Thanks
Reply to
eryer