probability of coin toss

Please do so, Fred. It would be interesting.

Reply to
John S

John, he is a lost cause. He is the most disgusting, obnoxious animal posting in this group.

Reply to
John S

I can't explain how I ski or how I invent circuits or how I can climb a stairway in the dark. Some things work without conscious control.

Bodies and brains are great that way. It would be awful if you had to think about everything.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

People are so sure that things are impossible. I take business away from people like that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'd like to see you take people's money with your coin tossing ability. Put a video up on Youtube!

Rick C.

--- Get 6 months of free supercharging --- Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

Youtube would be too easy to fake.

Reply to
krw

"in any way that would actually be considered a coin flip" is completely meaningless.

Reply to
krw

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

snip

You are a true idiot. A self impotent total retard, you are.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The checks all clear.

lunatic fringe electronics

See! You're not always wrong... ;)

Rick C.

--+ Get 6 months of free supercharging --+ Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

See! You _are_ AlwaysWrong's twin.

Reply to
krw

Here we go again...

Reply to
David Brown

Yup, it's getting boring, people being so sure of things.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yes, it's terrible all these people /knowing/ stuff. It's far better to live in happy ignorance about reality. "If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through." It worked for Lord Melchett in Black Adder, and I'm sure it works for you.

Reply to
David Brown

Or thinking that they know everything.

That eliminates invention. It hides most of the solution space from people who refuse to look in all directions.

This is a DESIGN group, and so many people here instantly, intuitively fight against ideas.

lunatic fringe electronics

People here don't think they know everything. (Well, most of us don't - there are some true oddballs in this group.) We just think we know more than some other people.

Nonsense. It means we look in sensible and realistic directions for our inventions. We don't flounder about as though we are high on LSD, "brainstorming" about cross-breading boars and pigeons to make flying pigs.

Reply to
David Brown

But the really good ideas are inherently hidden in apparently nonsensical and unrealistic crannies of the solution space. The easy ones are in the usual places.

Ordinary, commonplace ideas, unless really protected by enforced patents, allow you to slug it out in the marketplace with a jillion low-margin competitors, race to the bottom on price.

some of us don't need drugs to dissolve mental boundaries

Sounds like you are hostile to brainstorming, and inventing, in general. I see that a lot. The world does need a few lunatics and a lot of plodders to get things done.

lunatic fringe electronics

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Like you with the Space Shuttle Program or the ISS.

You claiming to have omnidirectional vision... what a joke.

Reply to
DLUNU

David Brown wrote in news:q2kr1j$9qt$2@dont- email.me:

Founder.

Then again a flopping fish must be the image you were trying to convey.

You must not know much of and/or anything about LSD, much less what an LSD experience is comprised of.

You are one of those follow-the-flock drug user 'dissers', eh?

Reply to
DLUNU

Nonsense.

And even if what you say is true, then you are /still/ wrong. An engineer's job is to get a good solution at a good price. If there is an easy solution in the usual place, then that is usually the one the engineer should pick - not spend months and millions investigating the bizarre.

If the customer wants something that is even better than that, or even cheaper than that, and is happy to pay for the research and take the gamble that it will all come to nothing - /then/ you can start looking at odd ideas. But even then, you don't waste the customer's time and money on total nonsense.

I didn't say you used drugs - I said you propose floundering about as though you were.

And yet the result of your "genius" and "innovation" and "out of the box thinking" is to use FPGA's because you have always used FPGA's and your FPGA guys recommend using an FPGA. (It is not the use of an FPGA that I am challenging here - it is the reasoning behind it.)

It sounds like you are determined to misread everything other people write, and misjudge people you don't understand. I see that a lot.

Reply to
David Brown