pressure cooker

Potatoes, sure. Garbage meat (as used in stew or pot roast), definitely not. It's cooked as slowly as possible. A crock pot works quite well.

Reply to
krw

...and ban any that will hold over 7psi.

Reply to
krw

We made a really good chicken stew, with potatoes and carrots and stuff, in about 8 minutes.

 Click to see the full signature

Great idea--I think you just invented the vacuum cooker. Boils water at

120F so you can't burn yourself! Takes forever, but think of the children!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Have to keep the mating surfaces rigid or it won't maintain a seal. If it were a simple welded tank, it could be made with a lot lighter gauge steel.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

That will work out OK. Because when she's elected, we'll all be eating at the local soup kitchen anyway.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Bouillabaisse I hope!

--

Rick C
Reply to

John could make chicken stew! Yum.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Right up there with the federal program to feed the starving dolphins, after the 'Do not feed the dolphins' regulations went into effect. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Nah, she'd let them vote without any of that!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Yuge shrimp. The best Iranian saffron.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Chicken drumsticks + salt + water in a pressure cooker --> chicken for fast frying + BONUS chicken broth!

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Don't let it worry you too much, I hear the soup kitch serves a hell of a meal these days. After all, Hilliary will have the rich paying for it, if there are any left..

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I've got a pot of broth simmering right now. We'll occasionally buy a rotisserie chicken, get a meal or so off that, and broth the rest. The best broth comes from meat, not just bones. No salt; we'll add that as needed when we cook with the broth. Most supermarket broth is weakly flavored salt water.

Tortellini in Brodo (torts boiled in good chicken broth) is great.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It'll be taco bowls and cheeseburgers (with the finest fries money can buy) made from the most amazing, and very freshest meats and vegetables, served with the very finest wines and the most amazing (really great) service provided by hard working and very faithful and patriotic Hispanics and black volunteers (not rapers and criminals) out of respect and love for this exceptional country and it's really great and very unbelievable but very bigly authorized police (and golf course designers) at no charge.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

Sounds great! So much better than doing it under sniper fire!

Grins,

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

at

Hillary Clinton is a mainstream American politician. She won't tax the rich enough for them to notice. Bernie Sanders might have had more ambitious id eas, but the US constitution is great at letting the people who own the cou ntry run the country, so I doubt if he'd been able to do much either.

Trump might decimate the rich, but he'd probably decimate everybody else at the same time - he is ignorant, rather than class-conscious.

Jamie might be in trouble - the soup kitchen would use pasteurised milk.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'd been getting the impression that sniper fire was an essential part of any significant gathering in the US - mostly with the police shooting coloured by-standers, but with the occasional free-lance terrorist thrown in to confuse the issue.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Speaking of rice cookers! My 4-cup rice cooker died. I researched it, and bought a replacement thermal cut-off (and a spare) from Digikey for about $1 each. Works good as new, now.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Go to hell, asshole. Its none of your goddamn business.

Reply to
Julian Barnes