Prescaler/divide-by-2 to 600MHz @ low pwr?

Anyone have suggestions for a simple, small, low-power (e.g. 3.3V @

2mA...) divide-by-two that will go to about 600MHz input? Prefer to go down at least as far as 25MHz input on the low end, and ideally it will operate properly over a 30dB range of input levels, though I'll come up with input signal conditioning if I have to. I could stand a bit higher power if it has a power-down input and responds to power-up within 10usec or so.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Probably some PECL part you could AC couple to... connect a resistor between an input and VBB. ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

The (P)ECL parts I've looked at tend to be a bit power-hungry. The MC12093 looks pretty good, actually, at typically 3mA and including a power-down feature. Biggest problem is that it's only spec'd to go down to 100MHz sinewave input. I can work around that, but things get ugly and I'd prefer one of those ideal solutions in one single chip.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns