Practicing without a license

Big deal, reports mean nothing and they are idiots to think that is going to shake any one up. It's those that sign off on it that take responsibility..

Just another idiot using the twisted legal system to get their way. I

Does this mean that soon, I'll need a license to fart in public, get fined because I am not license to admit a minimum level of gaseous compounds.

I think the licensing system is becoming a joke in many aspects, just a tool for other non qualified and Gov. agencies to benefit from.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

These so called Engineers (license if you will) should take note of this problem. It's been my experience that a large some of engineers in many fields, gain their idea's and tips from those that actually do the work in the field. We call them shoulder educated.

Maybe the wrong people are being licensed or certified?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

require

It only applies to those that are greedy and get their feelings hurt by those that are better at it, mostly.

Which reminds me. Not too long ago we fired a contractor that comes in occasionally, jobs that our company can't be hassled with by having their own people being tied up in. This contractor made a comment a few times how it was illegal for any one in our place to perform the type of work we do and should be performed only by those like himself. We do have E1's employed, even though we don't use their abilities much (not needed).

Greed and throat cutting can really deteriorate quality of work and advancement.

Reply to
Jamie

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, at least, thank DAWG, there's no law against calling oneself an "Engineering Consultant." >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0=A0 =A0 =A0|

after reading a comment like that from a guy that lives in Arizona no less, I'm surprised that no one else here has called him on it...

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Oh, it's been well-known around here for some time that JT is one of those neocons whose first response to anything he doesn't like is murder.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

024450:

Use Firefox, or another browser. A lot of websites choke on IE.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

024450:

What misconfigured collection of antique dross are your running it on?

IE8 on Vista opens it without any complaints here. Much as I am loathe to defend or support MickeySoft this website does work with IE.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

.

earchdb.asp?024450-Hide quoted text -

.

IE-8, under XP-3. A prior version, but hardly an antique. Firefox does open it.

It takes a special sort of moron to write a web page that only works with certain browsers. Guess they never heard of least common denominator.

This is what happens when you put non-engineers in charge of anything related to a computer.

Reply to
mpm

JT > Time to get out the Glocks.

Mark > after reading a comment like that Mark > from a guy that lives in Arizona no Mark > less, I'm surprised that no one Mark > else here has called him on it...

Most would probably agree and advise LARGER devices but don't want any visits from regulatory authorities.

Reply to
Greegor

024450:
quoted text -

One business website I worked on for free has just been turned over to bunch of web design students from a college. I can't wait to see what they come up with, and all the phone calls they will get. Half their site vists are on older computers, using old browsers. Most of their customers claim to be running Macs, but the log show under 5% and Linux is under 3%.

I cleaned up all the problems with the website, then one of their employees started changing things again. She positons things with the space bar, and refuses to learn how HTML works. So, if you don't use the same browser and screen size, it is useless.

I built another site for them with nice clean, fill in the blanks templates. She's already trashed it.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

public=20

claim to=20

=20

=20

=20

Unless the Board makes a ridiculous decision against the residential = group it will never go to court, the Board has the authority to enforce its decisions short of imposing jail time.

That said, the City (and DOT) handled this piss poorly.

Reply to
josephkk

"Practice"?? Does that mean if one HAD a license, that they could do anything (legal) and it would be OK??? Even if that something was a total OBVIOUS f*ck-up? ..and on the other side, with NO license, if one did the exact, precise, logical, ethical and correct thing, they could be jailed because they did not have that piece of useless paper?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Where do you live that government bureaucracy is so unfamiliar, Robert?

Reply to
Greegor

I recently had my poetic license revoked...

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to