Power Supply Needed

I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an expense?

Or is there some simple LT part I can use? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'm assuming you don't need DC isolation here. As such, how about

(OEJ24SC0512 in particular)? Mouser.Com has them for

Reply to
Joel Koltner

This is a bit left field and assumes you have time to wait for delivery

with an appropriate value 5 - 10 watt resistor they also make a good emergency battery charger.

Reply to
David Eather

This would be close for an LT part to use

LT1308A/LT1308B

Reply to
David Eather

Looks perfect! But I'm puzzled over your saying no DC isolation and the Mouser listing saying 500V "isolation". Not that I care. The data sheet is vague. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Try:

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

hi, how about ? : MC34063A

mark

no one

DC-DC converter? Should cost a few dollars.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Cute!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I ordered the OEJ24SC0512 that Joel recommended... $17.50

Some day, when I'm not in a rush, I'll do it with the MC34063 that Mark recommended. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I wonder if he means he wants the desired voltage to be adjustable; if it's just a range in the spec, I'd say just buy a 20 or 24 volt wallwart.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Anyone know of a true data sheet or app note for the OEJ24SC0512?

All I can locate is a tabular listing of I/O "specs". ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

THis?

That isn't enough?

jamie