Power supply module that works from -40C to +85C?

Gentlemen,

Looking for a power supply module, does not need any enclosure, similar to the Meanwell EPP-100 series ...

... but with an operating temperature range from -40C to +85C. The lower temp can be scaled back to -30C but we really need +85C or more at the upper end. Derating is ok as long as it's got 20% of power left up there.

Essentially:

24V/100W (120W or more would be nice). Good PFC that passes the usual agency certs. 90-264VAC wide range input. MTBF >250000h at 25C, ideally a lot more. Price
Reply to
Joerg

Put something that doesn't have as much low end in its own box and argue that it will self-heat into range? Kind of sucks for the high end, though. It might not work if you have to do a cold start, either... power resistor connected to the line to warm it up? :)

I Googled and even the ones with lots of "MIL-STD-foo" and pictures of airplanes on the Web pages only went up to +70 C. Hmm....

Traco TEX-120? 24 V 5 A nominal, -40 to +85 C, enclosed, 6.9" x 3.7" x

2.2", MTBF claimed >900,000 hr. Weird connectors. Data sheet
, instructions
. The instructions say "2%/K derating" above +60 C, which either means half rated power ((85 - 60) * 2) or 60% rated power (0.98 ^ (85 - 60)) at +85 C.

This place

sells them at US$240/qty 1; don't know what the discounts are like.

has them for US$223/qty 24.

Newark has them, but for $100 more than the above prices.

Prime Power has a few that might fit the bill. Their Series 8 and Series 10 are available in 24 V, 5 A, and the way I read it, neither one has any derating from -40 to +90 C. The inputs on both are listed as

90-132/180-264 "auto-ranging", which means that one day it will choose poorly.

Pricing is apparently "ask", and some other stuff on their pages makes me think they are geared for price-no-object federal contracts. But asking is free.

I don't know if these parts are any good or not, I just Googled them up.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Thanks, Matt. It might be out of league price-wise but at least there is a solution. Possibly we could use these at first and then design our own. Gives us time.

Their "datasheets" really do not instill much confidence. Lots of data important missing, typos ...

Thanks. I had searched as well but did not find the Traco.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to