power supply design books - Recommendations

I am looking for books on how to design switching (dc/dc) power supplies. I am looking for something more than a cookbook but it still needs to be pr actical. I have a good grasp on the principles of feedback control and wou ld like the book to be thorough in this regard. I also need to know all th e common topologies and tradeoffs.

Thanks

Brent

Reply to
bulegoge

I am looking for something more than a cookbook but it still needs to be practical. I have a good grasp on the principles of feedback control and w ould like the book to be thorough in this regard. I also need to know all the common topologies and tradeoffs.

I took an online course about SMPS. The prof. was R.W. Erickson. I bought his book, which I liked... "Fundamentals of Power Electronics". (not cheap.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

s. I am looking for something more than a cookbook but it still needs to b e practical. I have a good grasp on the principles of feedback control and would like the book to be thorough in this regard. I also need to know al l the common topologies and tradeoffs.

(With a little google-fu you can find the entire text online in a pdf, and can judge it for yourself.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

It's been a while since I read this one, but I recall it being very good, the section on feedback control especially. It has just the right blend of academic book-learnin, and practical real world advice.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

there are some gems in here but you have to sift for them

makolber

I am looking for something more than a cookbook but it still needs to be practical. I have a good grasp on the principles of feedback control and w ould like the book to be thorough in this regard. I also need to know all the common topologies and tradeoffs.

I like the Unitrode Power Seminar stuff. I have the physical books but you can download them here.

Wanderer

I have a copy of this one and found it helpful when I was getting started:

Abraham/dp/0070522367

I have the 2nd edition (1997). Looks like there is a newer edition out, which hopefully gives better coverage of topologies that weren't very common at the time such as synchronous rectification.

HTH

Reply to
RBlack

This one takes a hell of a lot of beating:

+billings
Reply to
Cursitor Doom