Power supply 230Vac 12V - 24Vdc

Hello to all. I am searching for a multivoltage power supply which are to be mounted on the DIN rail of a cabinet. What I am actually interested in are 12Vdc and 24Vdc outputs with an input of

230Vac. The loads I am considering in my circuit draw about 1 Amp from the 12Vdc source and about 3Amps from the 24Vdc source. As I am designing a redundant power supply I would need to have 2 Power supplies in parallel so in case one fails the other takes over so I would also like to know whether the power supplies have an incorporated diode that idealizes this function. I am also considering using one of the 12Vdc power supplies with a dual output for this function. By connecting the both 12V outputs in a series connection I would have my 24Vdc and at the 12V nodes i could power my 12V load. Another option would be to get the 24Vdc power supply and using a resistive bridge or zener diode lower the voltage to 12Vdc or another integrated circuit ...however I would have to cope with heating losses and high wattage extra components. Could you please advice me on my best options. I am familiar with TDK Lambda power supplies for DIN Rails. As this is circuit has to always work I would need a reliable and top notch manufacturer. Thanks in advance. Gerard
Reply to
Gerard

DIN rail of a cabinet.

230Vac. The loads I am considering
24Vdc source.

supplies in parallel so in case one fails

have an incorporated diode that idealizes this function.

for this function. By connecting the both 12V

could power my 12V load.

bridge or zener diode lower the voltage to 12Vdc or another integrated

extra components.

has to always work I would need a reliable and top notch manufacturer.

Meanwell has some DIN rail supplies. If it really has to always work, you'll need to find another approach (for example hot swap and redundancy) than just buying good or expensive supplies because _everything_ eventually fails, and power supplies will often fail before other things.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany