Power steering motor wiring

Anybody familiar with power steering motor here? There are three connector s. One thick two wires (blue and black), probably 12V for blue and ground f or black. Second connector with three normal wires (white, white and green ). I believe that's the torque sensors with green as common. But there is a third connector with 2 group of pairs: red black and brown green. What are they for?

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 9:57:42 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

ors. One thick two wires (blue and black), probably 12V for blue and ground for black. Second connector with three normal wires (white, white and gre en). I believe that's the torque sensors with green as common. But there is a third connector with 2 group of pairs: red black and brown green. Wha t are they for?

I would search the internet for a electrical diagram for the car that the p ower steering motor is off of. I would not expect all power steering mot ors to have the same connectors and color codes.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Den onsdag den 11. november 2015 kl. 15.57.42 UTC+1 skrev edward....@gmail. com:

ors. One thick two wires (blue and black), probably 12V for blue and ground for black. Second connector with three normal wires (white, white and gre en). I believe that's the torque sensors with green as common. But there is a third connector with 2 group of pairs: red black and brown green. Wha t are they for?

quadrature encoder ?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I tried, but no luck so far. It's coming from a 2014 Ford focus. I think some of the wires has to deal with directional control. Perhaps switching with power delays.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

In can find a manual, but that's for the 2005 version:

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

If this is an EPAS motor I think it will also have an angle sensor (maybe even redundant angle sensors).

Reply to
Mark White

Any thing before 2012 would not be too useful. There are lot of developments for EPS in recent model.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I think that's what the torque sensors for. Providing torque feedback based on the steering angle.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee