popular electronics like mag.

Is there a print magazine like popular electronics? I am going to write a short how to article to get from 12vdc to 120vac. I am thinking QEX, but I would rather put it into a hobbyist mag.

regards, Bob N9NEO

Reply to
Yzordderrex

short how to article to get from 12vdc to 120vac. I am thinking QEX, but I would rather put it into a hobbyist mag.

dave

Silicon Chip magazine does both print and Internet forms and accept submissions from the world over (120vac may not be of as much interest unless you also include a 230vac mod). They pay too. I wouldn't say they pay well, but it will probably cover the costs of components with enough left over for a beer or two (two at most!)

David Eather

As was mentioned, Nuts and Volts is the most likely substitute. Some other likely rags: If it has a microprocessor or PIC, you might be able to get it into Circuit Cellar: More:

QEX requires a ham radio connection.

Most magazines prefer or require that you make available a ready to build PCB with construction articles. Far Circuits: seems to the favored source for QST and QEX.

If you're going to provide a construction article for a 12V to 120VAC inverter, you might want to discuss your liability exposure with the magazine and your insurance agent. If someone gets fried with your design, you may find yourself involved in a lawsuit, especially if the magazine supplies the traditional schematic and parts list misprints. May I humbly suggest you find a project that isn't capable of killing the reader.

Good luck and have your quick exit strategy prepared in advance.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com