Political Correct brainwashing burned me

I wouldn't think they're worth the cost of shipping.

Reply to
krw

The "inner city" that I'm familiar with is the place where 20-something white college students are willing to pay $1200/mo rent to live in a single bedroom sublet of a three bedroom 3rd floor apartment

Reply to
bitrex

I bought the bike at a yard sale, paid $30, added another $60 of accoutrements, so I didn't have much in the bike, but it was a nice 1996 TREK 820. I like the bike and have been making some rides in a Conservation Park where they have trails made.

That's what I tell people!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

No doubt. You lefties are stuck in your own little bubble.

Reply to
krw

You never saw me write that I was devastated. I was pissed off though. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Shortrex was just projecting again.

Reply to
krw

Well, what else is new.

Reply to
bitrex

So you lied. Wow! A lefty lied! Who wudda thunk.

Reply to
krw

or

.

other

Let me get this straight. The camera didn't cover the bike, so you have no idea who actually stole the bike! All you know is the suspect guy went out the door closer to your bike.

Someone else could easily have come from a hidden angle to the camera and rode off on the bike before the guy even went out the door, couldn't

they?

I'm not saying your suspect guy didn't actually steal your bike (how would I know?), I am saying that the time frame allows for someone else just as easily and it could have happened while both of you were in the store - you said he was walking into the store as you also entered it.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Yes.

Currently much stolen farm machinery is shipped to eastern Europe; it is a very profitable enterprise.

High-end cars are also "unofficially exported" as well.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The guy stole my bike. My wife found him and my bike 6 hrs later, we chased him down and the cops took him to jail. The son of a bitch! I still don't have my mirror, cup holder, chain and lock and a bag that strapped to my steering wheel. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Glad you got your bike back.

Now that you have your bike back, it is time to start thinking and designing. I would start with searching for bike alarms ( similar to car alarms ). Some thing not too expensive and quick to use. My thoughts would be an accelerometer a microprocessor and a piezio speaker. Maybe have it in the same enclosure and using the same battery as a light.

I rode over to Winn Dixie, I passed this guy before the first door

Reply to
dcaster

Too late. Bike alarm are already available on Amazon.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Last Saturday night I almost had to break into my own house, due to a broken lock.

If I had needed to, I would have very much appreciated not having to worry too much about the entire family being blown away by a gun-toting neighbor (or a SWAT team).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yep ;-)

Our big neighborhood event is the 4th of July.

Being in the boonies we're not restricted by any personal fireworks laws.

So we all chip in and the electrician across the street from me, on his regular trips to NM, buys commercial-grade fireworks at the manufacturer.

And we have our own "private" (can be seen for miles ;-) fireworks.

We're located on the cul de sac, so we just take our folding chairs outside and enjoy the show.

This year I didn't video it. If I'm still around next year, I will.

PS: In the late '60's we stayed at Jack Ryan's house in the Hollywood hills. He was chief engineer at Mattel (designed the Barby Doll). He had a spiral staircase around a palm tree with a platform at the top with a dining table. We ate dinner up there. Fabulous view down into LA. (Jack was also a collector of Facel-Vega's, ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

rst door

t the

Awesome. Great woman!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat
[...]

That's a chilling thought, a country with millions of heavily armed people, sliding into dementia.

[...]
--

John Devereux
Reply to

Doesn't frighten me; just deserts and chickens coming home to roost etc :)

OTOH, the consequences of Brexit do frighten me.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Maybe it's because I'm a "New England nerd" but most of the time I try to leave work at work. Trying to engineer your way out of every day-to-day bullshit situation in the forlorn hope you'll stumble upon a better mousetrap is a recipe for too much stress. If I want to keep a nice bike secure I buy the best off-the-shelf lock I can get and hope for the best like everyone else. If I need the cat looked after while I'm away I hire a responsible kid to watch the cat for a while. Not try to build a cat-sitting robot

Reply to
bitrex

Jason Aldean - Fly Over States (Lyric Video)

Reply to
greegor47