pointers to transistor (semiconductor) curve tracer circuits/projects

Sure, I consider food to be a quasi-engineering kind of discipline, there's at least as much science to it as there is art

Reply to
bitrex

 Click to see the full signature

"Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food Paperback" by Jeff Potter

Some of that is relatively hardcore, e.g. which proteins bugs survive which temperatures.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

baking cakes is basically chemistry, you can't just wing it like cooking though there is still plenty of science to what things taste well together and what doesn't and what temperatures and processes are required to get the desired results

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That $200 does not seem to be in any Tek or HP price range that ever existed, probably not even for a used instrument :(

Even the most basic analog models in China (like the Wuqiang WQ4832) retail for slightly over 3000 Yuan there (about $430), and that's probably the closest one can get to a that price (for a new instrument).

Also about the same would be an unknown quality "4810-like" derivative (like a QT4810A, CA-4810A or similar) from a no-name brand.

The original Xinjian XJ4810 (from which most of these were copied) was rather more expensive, and I'm not sure whether they still make it.

The Xinjian QT-2A looks like it's still made, but that sets you back some 6000 Yuan (about $860) plus significant shipping and ex/import costs. Built like a tank, but at 30 kg not easily transportable.

Anything digital doesn't even seem to start below $2.5k and anything high-power (like 100 A peak output) is at least from $5k upwards.

You can find the schematics of some of the older Chinese tracers from the era of the planned economy. Back in the day they were printed in a user manual supplement with detailed operation descriptions and how to troubleshoot and calibrate them (unfortunately in Chinese only). There are scanned copies of these manuals lurking in the depths of the net, mostly on Chinese amateur radio forums and similar places.

Here is a set of schematics (without the test/cal instructions) of the Xinjian QT2 - a "classic" that was in production for 40+ years.

The poster put up these files packed with a "zip"-like program that is not well known (not even in China, as the comments show), so here is a more accessible copy, extracted out of the above "zip" files:

A little story about it by an expat who lives in Shanghai, with some historical references and pictures:

Now it's discontinued, but see above for the QT-2A followup model :)

Reply to
Dimitrij Klingbeil

Strawberries and nacho cheese taste great independently so like why not make a strawberry nacho cheese dip? it will clearly taste twice as good

Reply to
bitrex

Nice, so four egg yokes total? Can I beat the extra egg whites into a meringue?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

drool but way too many calories

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

IBM is worth $105 billion. Microsoft is worth $800 billion. Google is worth $750b. Apple, 1.07 trillion.

Amazon, $750b. Sears, less than zero.

Looks like college dropouts beat crony capitalism pretty well.

That's random mutation and selection at work.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

which countries do you have in mind?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If you have a use for, and the stomach for, a meringue.

If you use all four whole eggs in the bread pudding, it will be a bit stiffer. I like the bottom, under the floating bread and fruit, to be pretty soft custard-y.

I grew up on loafy sort of bread pudding, served with whisky sauce, but I like this better now.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Nope. Smarts, intelligence, risk taking, and motivation got me a ticket on the roller coaster ride of life. Wisdom, experience, and a few dollars are what I held onto after I jumped off. But even wisdom has its price. I've found it much easier to make money than to keep it. Wanting to keep and protect my assets better explains my slow drift from the radical left, when I had nothing, to the conservative right, where I have something worth protecting. What wisdom does for me is keep me from repeating some mistakes, and recognizing those mistakes in others. I had most of that figured out by the time I was

  1. Others, such as Bitrex, will probably take longer. Oddly, I would give much to turn the clock back to those days when I had little worth risking, when I would live forever, when I knew all the answers, and when opportunities fell from the sky.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Modern Democrats believe that the US is one such place.

Reply to
krw

Slomanovia

Reply to
krw

Bread pudding? Yecch. One of Nature's least perfect foods.

Applesauce and custard is another matter, and if there's some soft gingerbread underneath, it's wonderful.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's often great, and mine is wonderful.

I am constantly amazed by the diversity of the human species.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

That's fine & dandy but then the U.S.A'ns would have to learn English too...

--
Cheers,

Chris.
Reply to
Chris

That's absurd and illogical. ...typical Europeon.

Reply to
krw