Plastic Edging?

Where do you find the plastic edging I've seen on sheet metal edges to prevent cuts?

What I've seen, in the far past, was notched so it could be used non-linear edges. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Called iirc grommet strip. See

or
or

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Den torsdag den 29. juni 2017 kl. 22.45.57 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

google edge trim

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

or caterpillar grommet

 Click to see the full signature

Thanks, Phil! That's actually where I remember seeing it last... edging a large hole in sheet metal... grommet-like. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Just a matter of remembering the right buzz word...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

ACE hardware sells it -- by the foot, IIRC.

There are nicer options available from sheet-metal fabricators.

Reply to
Don Y

Then there's TrimLok for the fancy moldings and trim.

Martin Riddle

Also see sheet metal edge trim:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Something like Mouser 644-FL12X12LG-A; concept: Mouser 644-G2X4WH6 only the base part, narrow and rater flexible; used to line inner chassis hole and nominally available in chassis-thickness widths.

Used them ages ago and cannot remember what they were called. Maybe the callouts above will be helpful.

Reply to
Robert Baer

That reminds me: consider using one of these tools before applying the edging:

Then there's no need to wear gloves while installng the grommet

Reply to
whit3rd