Plastic Bonded Magnet with high magnet field

Hi

I have a sample of this magnet:

(MQPBplus)

But, I need something with even higher field strength

(the MQP-16-7 is not enough)

Anyone know of one that has higher strength and that can be made plastic bonded?

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Hi

I have a sample of this magnet:

(MQPBplus)

But, I need something with even higher field strength

(the MQP-16-7 is not enough)

Anyone know of one that has higher strength and that can be made plastic bonded?

Regards

Klaus ===================================================

If you need to mold a custom shape, then never mind :-). If you need a plastic coating for protection, KJMagnetics.com has plastic and rubber coated magnets in N42 and N52 materials:

I haven't used any of those, but I've used others from them and am a happy customer.

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Take a look at Brainiac on utube. Might help.

Reply to
John S

Bplus-20056-070-pds.pdf

Wow. I think you've just become the group expert. Enjoy the glow.

Call the company? It looks like the magnetic material they use has lower performance than garden-variety NeFeB magnets -- it may be worth the conversation to know _why_. If there's a material with a molding difficulty vs. strength tradeoff that you can use, perhaps that's the way to go.

I assume that making sintered magnets is out of your price range, and that some stock shape with soft steel pole pieces won't get the strength you need.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested

I meant brainiac75. Sorry.

Reply to
John S

I need a custom shape, but for starters I am scanning the marked for new manufactors with more or less cutting edge capabilities

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Yes, probably better just to call them, they may have inside knowledge

Sintered magnets are not out of the price range, it may be a high volume product. Sintered Neodymium normally has higher field strengt, so I may need to go down that route

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

I assume that if you're in a market where you can get raw powder to be molded into a magnet (and then, presumably, magnetized), that you can get stock shapes in magnetic material, unmagnetized, ready to be machined, magnetized and (if necessary) painted or plated.

I don't know if the machining makes sense: my understanding is that rare earth magnetic materials don't machine cheaply.