Plan B : Blocking out the sun to fight global warming

When this goes into effect on a global scale, be very worried:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The link in the article to Keith is informative:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Of course Bill Nye is on the job:

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Jim Inhofe is funnier.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

LOL- and Nye isn't even a scientist, he's an ME. Seems lately he's been trying to sell people on buying into a new solar technology

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

its not plan, if we create a problem then we should clear the problem not make another one by making large roof to block the sun.

Reply to
DARS patel

We may not be able to clean the problem. This is what "tipping point" means: the climate doesn't need any more greenhouse gas emissions from us to intensify global warming, it produces enough from natural events to continue to warm.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's okay, Al Gore has signaled hope from his headquarters deep below the ocean's new surface level.

He says he'll hold off on Armageddon if we all buy his new book.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It's easier to just hide in a cool dark cellar.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

There's a reference (from Charlotte MacLeod's Peter Shandy mysteries) to a book on the subject, Professor John Enderble's "How to Live with the Burrowing Mammals". Check a copy out of your library!

Reply to
whit3rd

That may be the best place for someone like you.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

-warming-1.4050149

not make another one by making large roof to block the sun.

eans: the climate doesn't need any more greenhouse gas emissions from us to intensify global warming, it produces enough from natural events to contin ue to warm.

phe/

James Arthur has strange ideas about what Al Gore might say

I haven't read the latest book, but everything else he has written gets the science right (which is not something James Arthur can manage) which would suggest that the book doesn't make any claims about what buying it might d o to the climate.

James Arthur does like the idea that Al Gore invented climate change to mak e money - it's the sort of rhetorical nonsense that James Arture goes for - but the reality is that Al Gore started off as a Roger Revell groupie and was active long before there was any way of making money out of it.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

How many times were we told that we only had X years, where X is a small number, before it was too late to avoid a tipping-point catastrophe?

It's like giving a lot of short reprieves to a condemned prisoner.

It keeps selling books, I guess.

lunatic fringe electronics

l-warming-1.4050149

m not make another one by making large roof to block the sun.

means: the climate doesn't need any more greenhouse gas emissions from us t o intensify global warming, it produces enough from natural events to conti nue to warm.

ophe/

Never. The warnings are all about possible tipping points.

Nobody seems to have identified a specific tipping point yet - at least not in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.

When we've got enough global warming for the Greenland or West Antarctic ic e sheets to start sliding off into the ocean we will definitely have passed one tipping point, but we haven't a clue when that might happen - it depen ds on stuff going on deep in the ice sheet which we can't really get at.

John Larkin seems to get his ideas about climate science from denialist pro paganda published in the Murdoch media, and can't do the critical thinking required to identify them as rubbish.

In your case, more like getting your attention with misleading nonsense.

Can you identify a book that does it?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ing-1.4050149

Keeping that cool dark cellar stocked with edibles may get tricky.

Ten metres of sea level rise will play hell with transport and communicatio ns, and flooding most of America's most expensive reall estate might well c reate a recession that would make the Wall Street crash and the sub-prime m ortgage crisis both look trivial.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to