Plagiarized datasheet

The Synoxo SYN500R datasheet is almost word for word the Micrel MICRF211 da tasheet with the squelch removed and the MICRF211 changed to SYN500R. They actually missed one on page 11. The SYN500R datasheet also added this incre dibly annoying purple "Confidential, Copyright by Synoxo".

Wanderer

I see lots of plagarized data sheets, word for word, sometimes figures too.

lunatic fringe electronics

I see lots of them too, most often for niche products. Sometimes not just the words and figures but the layout and fonts too.

Reply to
Pimpom

datasheet with the squelch removed and the MICRF211 changed to SYN500R. Th ey actually missed one on page 11. The SYN500R datasheet also added this in credibly annoying purple "Confidential, Copyright by Synoxo".

Second source components are supposed to be plug in replacements for the or iginal products. Not a lot of room for creativity there.

I used to hate Texas Instruments because a lot of their ostensible second s ources didn't have as tight a specification as the regular industry parts.

George Kent in the UK, back around 1975 had company part numbers, and if yo u wanted to introduce a new part you had find four alternative sources, and write a George Kent data sheet that they'd all meet. If Texas Instruments wasn't one of the suppliers, the company data sheet was almost always a str aight copy of the industry data sheets, but Texas Instrument always seemed to shave the quality a bit somewhere in the sheet.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It may be cross-licensing/second-sourcing arrangements. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.