Ping Larkin!

Interested in making some money? Short Tesla!

Reply to
krw

I don't play with stocks. Actually, I'm not very interested in money.

I don't think that Tesla can keep losing the best part of a billion dollars per year forever, but the stock market isn't rational. The Model 3 thing will be interesting.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I was at the Chevy dealer today for regular maintenance, and my sales guy told me they got 15 Bolts in stock in early March, and have sold all but two.

Two customers bought them over the phone from Illinois and Minnesota, flew in to pick them up in MA, and drove the home.

Reply to
bitrex

The underestimated the market in South Korea; the first run of 2,000 vehicles sold out in a couple hours.

Reply to
bitrex

Sorry, 2,000 orders on a stock of only 400.

Reply to
bitrex

I wonder how many charging stations are distributed about Korea.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You mean *tried* to drive them home.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Got any evidence to suggest that any of them didn't make it? There are fewer charging stations than gas stations, but they do exist, and Google could probably find them for you if you asked the right question.

My car navigation system lists gas stations and knows where they are. Apparently they don't do charging stations yet, but it seems that there are other navigation applications that do.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Public charging stations are kind of a red-herring anyway; when you've got vehicles that can do 250, 300 miles off a single charge you don't really need them 95% of the time, particularly in a country as small as SK. I don't think they'll ever be on every street corner or anything.

I almost never see any of the Tesla drivers around here plugged-in, even though there are tons of stations available, level 2 at least. Not even worth it.

Reply to
bitrex

They probably got the DC fast charger option. Boston to Chicago is only around 800 miles; with a 250 mile range or so it basically means you stop at one fast charger on the first leg, recharge overnight, then one more on the second. I'm looking at the ChargePoint app right now and there are enough along the route that it seems perfectly reasonable to do.

I know of one guy who drove a Spark EV back to MA from Maryland, about

350 miles, hitting four DC chargers along the way to "fill" its small-ish battery. Perfectly possible, he did it in one day including the train ride down.
Reply to
bitrex