PIC16F628 L/C METER, LCD Display?

I'm thinking of building this simple L/C meter.

I've never used an LCD with a PIC before, so for the display LCD what should I be looking for? They are using a 16 x 2 LCD AMPIRE AC-162D for the L/C meter.

AMPIRE Data sheet

Would this be a suitable substitute?

LUMEX - LCM-S01602DTR/C - 16X2 CHAR LCD MODULE,TNREFLECTIVE

Data sheet

Page two LCM-S01602DTR/C

Page one

What I'm trying to avoid is modifying the existing code which is on the first web site. I'm looking for an inexpensive solution I could put together quickly.The only thing I dont have is the display.

Reply to
Hammy

The LCDs look interchangeable and I've not come across any with this pin out that aren't.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Indeed, IME they all use the same controller chip set (Hitachi HD44780

  • HD44100, IIRC) or very close clones, so most should work.

OTOH, VFD and OLED displays that claim to be compatible often have subtle differences in timing etc.

Also, it's not impossible in a 'hobby' project that the code is not written to meet all the specs, but chances are it will work.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I'll order a couple of them then.

Thanks for the replies Spehro Pefhany and Raveninghorde.

Reply to
Hammy