PIC16F1454/5/9 USB example

Hi all

I have been looking for any example for how to use USB - for the PIC16F1454/5/9 USB example - even just transferring a single byte.

Can anyone point me to an example:

1) example of pic code/usb functionality 2) USB driver for PS (some ini file), what to put there and how to use it

I am used to communicating to com port (usb act the same way), but the driver thing is new to me

wbr sonnich

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

On a sunny day (Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:07:51 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Sonnich Jensen wrote in :

I circumvent that problem by using serial to USB modules, and just use RS232. That also takes care of USB licensing:

Now any terminal program can work with it, and you have 5V power for your PIC too, as well as 3.3V. And a cheapr PIC (no USB).

For 99 cents....

Reply to
PA7PTL

Best bet is to download the Microchip Library of Applications (MLA) and find the help_mla_usb.pdf file to read about the USB framework and functions. There are demos for CDC and USB-Serial applications, designed for their low pin count USB demo board which has the PIC18F14K50 but can be used with the PIC16F145x. The board is $40 but has only a few parts so you could easily make your own:

Data Sheet with schematic:

I have implemented USB on my own ORTM-4H product, using the PIC18F2550, but I had to use the older USB stack and the C18 compiler (and perhaps also the

8.9x IDE). You may download what I have - which includes some changes to the stack that appear to work - but it's not completely debugged, and the newer stack probably takes care of these issues that I had with XC8 a few years ago:

There is also a lot of information on the Microchip forum where I (and others) discussed the problems.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

Maybe this will help?

It's supposed to be a software-only implementation of USB.

You may also look around the web for 'Igor ?e?ko' who apparently inspired people to write these software-only implementations and perhaps 'V-USB' whose homesite has a page full of links. One of those links is the above code.google.com one.

Reply to
Aleksandar Kuktin