photos

I'm playing with DropBox. Can you see these photos?

John

Yes... but what's a Harpo Marx generator ? seems a bit funny to me :)

Reply to
TTman

I was showing Phil Hobbs my idea for doing isolated DC-DC conversion using flying capacitors and solid-state relays. You could switch at low frequencies and use big electrolytic caps, so it would be quiet. He called it a Groucho Marx Generator. This is a variant.

John

Thanks.

Is this public?

John

Ooos, meant this:

As in can any one see it ? yes...but the 'key' is 53724080/1 So unless someone sees your link, it's unlikely they'll guess it by accident.....

Reply to
TTman

No, that's locked...

Reply to
TTman

I think that Dropbox makes things public or private by just presenting an obscure link. I'm still trying to figure out how it actually works.

John

Is this visible as an individual photo?

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Yes, but it's hijacking my back button ;(

cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

No....

Reply to
TTman

Error (403) It seems you don't belong here! You should probably try logging in?

Reply to
krw

Weird. It's in the PUBLIC folder.

Software really sucks these days. I had all my photos in Panoramio, and google bought them and lost them all.

John

I can open it because I'm logged in. But since it's in my PUBLIC folder, I assumed it was, well, public.

OK, how about this one? It's supposed to be a public link.

John

I get file not found 404 errors or a request to log in. What are you = using=20 this for? Why not just get an account with something like =

and upload whatever you want and optionally have a password-protected=20 directory?

Or you can use

for very easy and free image storage and = size=20 adjustment. Registration is even optional.

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

That works. The brat's Jeep?

Reply to
krw

I'm using Dropbox to share work files between my computers, instead of hauling flash sticks around.

I have an FTP site where I've been posting public pics, but some people can't access it. I though I'd use Dropbox for that too, but the rules seem obscure: I can post a link to a photo, or a link to a photo gallery, but not both for the same pic. I think. Dropbox *should* be ideal for this, since it just looks like a folder on my PC and it's easy to manage. But the rules seem weird.

John

Yes, that works. Nice scenery, BTW!

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

--
Appears to be, but requires a login.

Why bother?
Reply to
John Fields

--
Why not just set up your internal network so that everyone has access
to the work files?