Photons might be the key to unlocking if we live in a simulation.

I agree. It is provable, that consciousness can not be proved to exist:-)

Consciousness is simply a property of the universe that can not be be

It illustrates a principle that many just cant get to grips with. Like, trying to "explain" QM... Some things are just true. Period.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

More than a chance, This correct and has been demonstrated. Search: conway life turing machine

Jasen Betts

I think you are going to have to *DEFINE* what *YOU* mean by "Conscious".

I take "Conscious" to mean self aware and awake. YMMV

How do you know that you are not in fact an excellent matrix simulation? (so good that you truly believe what you say)

They are getting closer to modelling ever larger animal brains. Humans are animals with a larger brain than most. Eventually Moore's Law will allow us to model one with sufficient fidelity to test this hypothesis.

You can't verify in a formal sense, but you can take a damn good guess.

What do you mean by consciousness anyway? You seem to be using it in way that has some mystical meaning beyond being awake and aware.

Anaethetics have allowed us to suspend consciousness to order. Humphrey Davy also discovered its side effect and called N2O laughing gas. It still has recreational uses (sold officially for blowing whipped cream).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown