Photo sensor to ttl solenoid driver

I got a ST L294 solenoid driver and I am stuck on the enable input (TTL) currently using a sunx cx-24 @ 5v supply. The output is NPN. I've hooked everything up except the photo sensor (cx-24) and powered up using 20 v. When I hooked up the cx-24 I blew the L294.

I believe it is the input( or rather the output of the cx-24 ).

I've seen suggestion of an optocoupler, or should I look at something else.

The L294 specs on enable are L -0.3 - 0.8 v -100 uA H 2.4 - ?? v 100 uA

Reply to
jim_sveta

John Popelish and I both replied to your post in seb.  learn to
crosspost.
Reply to
John Fields