Photo from the past...

My sister sent me some old family photos for my birthday. This one is

73-74 years ago...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Cute wears off at around age six and never returns. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Are you the one to the right of middle, standing between two taller girls?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

That young boy in the lower right reminds be of this kid.

Mikek :-)

Reply to
amdx

I think that's Jim.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

What, Wait, Was our Jim, part of Spanky and Our Gang? :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

My wife thinks I'm cute ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Nope. Thai's my cousin Gilbert Fidler, Jr.

I'm in the striped shirt, standing between my father and mother (holding my sister, Eloise, who provided this photo).

BTW, ALL the adult males except my grandfather and Uncle Wilmer (teenager on the far right) were in the service at the time.

My father and Uncle Jacob (in uniform) were in the army, Uncle Robert (to the right of my father) was in the Navy. Gilbert Fidler, Sr. was overseas (Navy, IIRC) when the photo was taken.

My father served in the occupation forces once we took Japan... rewiring Tokyo ;-)

Grandfather Lester and Grandmother Rhoda should be obvious.

Woman to the right of my mother is Aunt Mary (Thompson) Fidler, holding daughter Rhoda Karen. To the right is Aunt Leona... still alive!

Aunt Mary's children, left to right: Deloris, Marcella, Gilbert, Jr., and Mary Elizabeth.

Only survivors at this moment: Me, my sister, Aunt Leona!, Mary Elizabeth, Gilbert, Jr., and Rhoda Karen.

They're located all over the US, but I just located Gilbert, Jr., he's right here in Gilbert, AZ ;-)

I have to touch base before I kick off. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

OK, now we know that was another relative. Good guess tho.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

All the males in the back row look alike.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I'm still cute!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You heard about technocracy?

Tom Del Rosso

That's the Thompson standard skull structure... my oldest son is a dead-ringer.

As I've lost weight it seems I have that structure as well... I've been more "filled-in" most of my life ;-)

We just watched "Darkest Hour"... I cried. Where have our balls gone? ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Ahmmm....

I'm on the left, twin on the right...

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

None of the men are smiling. Scowling.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Allow me to rephrase. "Cute, if present, wears off at around age six and never returns." ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Was back in the days when cameras were slow, and you were told to "freeze".

And WWII was taken _very_ seriously by the population. Upon Pearl Harbor, my father immediately went to join the Navy, but was drafted by the Army before the Navy could process the paperwork ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I confused the issue by reporting from my viewpoint... everyone was "uncle".

Lester and Rhoda Thompson were the parents of all the other male adults in the photo... thus they're all "brothers". ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I was such a beautiful baby that Hopalong Cassidy stopped his horse in the middle of a Mardi Gras parade, trotted over to me, leaned over, and kissed me.