Phase Noise vs. Jitter

No, it's really annoyingly bright. We can PWM it in the FPGA, so I don't have to write an ECO to change the resistor.

It would be cool to go to production on this board with no ECOs.

Reply to
jlarkin

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

specific

limit

Don't you have to write an ECO (albeit an easier to implement one) to change the FPGA as well? Or that does not get a part number stamp until it is all ironed out?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The uP and FPGA code are still in development and not released yet. Both will be born and released as rev A, and that's already called out on the BOM.

Some people use an ECO to do anything, but we literally use it as a Change order. Releases are, well, just released.

Reply to
jlarkin

Admitting to eco-terrorism? :)

Surely driving the output pin costs more than the flip flop anyhow. If the objective is to burn power, bring out more of the stages to pins and add a load.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Sloman? That's tough - but fair. :-D

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Cursitor Doom reminds us that he hasn't got a clue, and probably never had.

One has to wonder what disease he thinks I might have pretended to have had?

Even when I had my aortic valve replaced, I wasn't sick (though I might have become sick if it hadn't been done). My diagnostician's letter the surgeon started off with "The patient isn't sick". In Dutch as it happens.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to