PCB Proto service/software in UK?

I see ExpressPCB offer free design software, but they're in the US. Is their service any good for UK customers? What's their free software like? Alternatively, I could use PCB Pool, but I'd need to buy a PCB design package. Any recommendations? This is for one-off hobby projects - two layer, eurocard size.

TIA Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

My PC is an ancient P266, running Windows NT, with only 400Mb free hard disk space.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Have a look at:

Personally, I have found them to be slightly 'better', than some of the other options.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

If you scan down the PCB-Pool website, you'll notice they've started hosting a free PCB design package in support of their service. Called "Target 3001!". Free only for PCB-Pool use but has a large parts database and seems a well thought out package. Just now attempting to start a design using it. regards john

Reply to
john jardine

Easy-PC is excellent value for money:

PCB-Pool accepts Easy-PC design files.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

There are a number of PCB fabs out there who have their "own" design software that effectivley locks you into using their fab service. Many people find this entirely acceptable, but in my own experience I value the ability to send designs to a variety of fab houses depending on the price/delay tradeoffs or board complexity vs fab capability. Also if a fab house really pisses me off with a poor job/attitude I can migrate without having to learn/use another design tool.

Probably not relevant to a European scenario, but I use Protel's AutoTrax (DOS) which is now freeware. Fairly short learning curve, and within my region (Asia-Pacific - I'm in Oz) nearly all the fab houses take the file format without drama. Currently I use Futurlec

for small projects. There is a cost calculator on their website. Turnaround is usually close to 3 weeks though. Chinese fab houses have good turnaround but won't look at hobby quantities.

Reply to
budgie

No need to buy, there is plenty of free good EDA software available. Try Kicad. Find it at:

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Sell quickturn production of printed circuit boards(low price).(CHINA)

Product Name: Printed Circuit BoardPlace of Origin: ChinaFeatures:

1) Surface finish: hot air solder leveling, entice, immersion gold, carbon ink, gold finger, peelable mask 2) Solder mask: photo imageable 3) Profile: routing, punching, V-Cut, chamfered 4) Number of layers for mass production: 2 =A8C 12 5) Finished copper weight from .25 to 3oz 6) Minimum finished hole size .006" 7) Min. trace .004" - Min. space .004" 8) Max. panel size: 18" x 24" 9) Printed circuit board final thickness from .016" to .125" 10)soldermask /Legend in a variety of colors (Green,White,Black,Yellow,Red..) 11)operating costs (10 pieces ): 2 layers( about 0.048$/inch) 4 layers(about 0.096$/inch) 12)process times: 2 layers( 1 days, 3 days, 5 days) Ships next day. 4 layers( 2 days, 5 days, 7 days) 6 layers( 3 days, 5 days, 8 days)

Company Name: Nanjing Xilun Printed Circuit Board Co., Ltd. Contact Person: Ms. Ding JiaBao Leave me a message Address: 9 Changjiang Road, Nanjing City, JiangShu Province. China Zip: 210016 Telephone: 86-025-8606 1148 Fax: 86-025-8695 7829 Website:

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@njpcb.com

Reply to
njsldz