PCB mount banana sockets

Hi all,

I have just purchased 2 PCB mount banana sockets, as shown in the following link:

Does anyone know how the 2 pins should be connected? i.e. need to be connected both to the respective supply eg. either both to Positive supply, or both to Ground?

Thanks

Reply to
michellecutajar

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Hello,

I think those two pins are only for mechanical reasons, not electrical. I think both pins are connected to the banana socket, if in doubt I would ask an Ohmmeter. The best and easiest way is to connect both pins to the same signal.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

At a guess, both terminals will be connected together, both for getting the load in/out of the PCB and also for mechanical rigidity.

Reply to
Gonadicus

Do you own an Ohm Meter ??

Reply to
hamilton

Connect both. I've used the same in a project recently.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

They are BOTH common to the SINGLE conductor banana jack.

Red is typically the positive lead, but is not required to be.

There are two, because that provided better anchoring to the PCB. placing a few more vias surrounding the mounting holes, on the trace will also beef up the mount areas with respect to the trace integrity and PCB substrate medium. The cheaper the PCB make, the easier it will be to screw it up (break free with use). A firm anchoring to a chassis panel will stop that though. If the only thing holding it onto the PCB is those two leads, and there is no bulkhead cinching, it will surely break (the PCB connections)if it gets a lot of use. The insertion force on a new banana plug can be pretty high, and they always carry the weight of the wire behind them too.

It looks pretty lame for a 20A rating too. I'd bet at 20 amps, it would get a bit warm.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno