PCB manufacture "instructions" Q

What other info should be included:

106AC-1d 04-17-2010 [this is name of board and date submitted]

Basic Information: 30 Pieces - 8 Day Lead Time 0.8 x 2.3 Inches (2 Inch Mounting Centers) Double Sided

PCB Details: TG-170 or Higher FR-4 .062 Board Thickness One Ounce Copper ENIG Finish BOTH Sides BLUE Solder Mask BOTH Sides WHITE Silk Screen BOTH Sides

Pads / Holes: Minimum Annular Ring / Restring .012 Number of Pads: 61 Number of Vias: 0 Number of Smds: 2 Smds in Top: 2 Smds in Bot: 0 Number of holes: 0 Blind or Buried Vias: 0 Total number of drills: 61

Gerber RS-274X File Extension Key .cmp - Top Copper / Component Side .sol - Bottom Copper / Solder Side .plc - Top Silk Screen Legend .pls - Bottom Silk Screem Legend .stc - Top Solder Mask Stop .sts - Bottom Solder Mask Stop .dim - Dimensions / PCB Outline .drd - Plated-Thru Drillings (Excellon) .hol - Unplated Drillings (Excellon) *Not Used if Absent* .mill - Milling *Not Used if Absent* .info - Information Files *Disregard if Not Needed*

Contact Information: (contact name) (company name) Phone: Telefax: E-mail: Web URL:

Shipping or Mailing Address: (contact name) (company name) (company address) (city state zip)

Reply to
Robert Baer

Some notes I use, these are on a drill drawing that has all the drill information. (usually the drill dwg is enough to quote) My gerbers include a txt file with the layer descriptions and contact info of the designer.

Notes:

  1. MATERIAL 0.062 THICK, EPOXY GLASS FR-4, 1OZ. COPPER CLAD BOTH SIDES BEFORE PLATING.

  1. FRONT TO BACK REGISTRATION TO BE WITHIN 0.0025".

  2. HOLES NOT DIMENSIONALLY LOCATED SHALL BE WITHIN 0.005" OF THE POSITION AS LOCATED ON THE MASTER DRAWING.

  1. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED ALL HOLES SHALL BE PLATED-THRU HOLE DIAMETER TOLERANCES APPLY AFTER PLATING.

  2. ELECTROPLATED COPPER SHALL BE USED FOR THE PLATED-THRU HOLES, AND SHALL HAVE A MIN. THICKNESS OF 0.001" ON THE HOLE WALLS.

  1. ALL EXPOSED CONDUCTIVE SURFACES ON LAYERS 1 AND 6 INCLUDING PLATED-THRU HOLES, SHALL HAVE AN ELECTROPLATED SOLDER COART WITH A MIN. THICKNESS OF 0.0003". THE SOLDER COAT SHALL CONTAIN A MIN. OF 60% TIN.

  2. WHERE APPLICABLE, EDGE FINGERS ARE TO BE GOLD PLATED .00005" MIN. OVER NICKEL .00020" MIN. (TO DIMENSION SHOWN)

  1. BOARDS SHALL BE SOLDER MASKED ON LAYER 1 AND 6 OVER BARE COPPER CONDUCTORS. THE SOLDER MASK SHALL BE GREEN SOLDER RESIST LIQUID PHOTO-IMAGEABLE, MATTE FINISH.

  2. SOLDER MASK SHALL BE APPLIED PRIOR TO SCREENING.

  1. SCREEN ALL LEGENDS IN WORNOW INK 50-100, GLOSS WHITE.

  2. BOARD MUST BE ETCHED IN COPPER ON SOLDER SIDE WITH MANUFACTURER NAME, INITIALS OR LOGO, UL RECOGNITION MARK AND FLAME RATING IN LOCATION SHOWN.

Note 11 is a must for UL products.

Martin Riddle

Thanks. Made some changes before your posting:

106AC-1d

Order Information: Date Ordered: April 17, 2010 Number of Pieces: 30 Count Lead Time Requested: 8 Days PCB Identifying Marks: 106AC-1d Units of Measure: Inches / Mils (.001 Inch)

PCB Specifications: Size (Each): 0.8 x 2.3 Inches (2 Inch Mounting Centers) Layers: Double Sided Laminate: TG-170 or Higher FR-4 Thickness: .062 / .063 Inch Copper Weight: One Ounce

PCB Finish: Finish: ENIG*******BOTH Sides Solder Mask: BLUE LPI***BOTH Sides Silk Screen: WHITE******BOTH Sides

Pads / Holes Data: Minimum Annular Ring: .012 Number of Pads: 61 Number of Vias: 0 Number of Smds: 6 Smds in Top: 4 Smds in Bot: 2 Number of Holes (NPTH): 0 Total Number of Drills: 61 Different Drill Sizes: 5

Gerber RS-274X File Extension Key: .cmp - Top Copper / Component Side .sol - Bottom Copper / Solder Side .plc - Top Silk Screen Legend .pls - Bottom Silk Screem Legend .stc - Top Solder Mask Stop .sts - Bottom Solder Mask Stop .dim - Dimensions / PCB Outline .drd - Plated-Thru Drillings (Excellon) .hol - Unplated Drillings (Excellon)****Not Used if Absent .mill - Milling**************************Not Used if Absent .info - Information Files****************Disregard if Not Needed

Contact Information: (...)

Shipping or Mailing Address: (...)

Reply to
Robert Baer

I would recommend showing a table of all the layers in order from top to bottom so as to make it clear what your stackup order really is. Here is an example:

Layer Definitions:

Top Paste Artwork: paste_top.pho Top Silk Artwork: silk_top.pho Top Mask Artwork: mask__top.pho Top Side Artwork: art_top.pho Internal Ground Plane: art_gnd.pho Internal Power Plane: art_pwr.pho Bottom Side Artwork: art_bot.pho Bottom Mask Artwork: mask__bot.pho Drill Data File: drilldat.drl

(Note layer order is numbered on the artwork layers with layer 1 being the top side layer and layer 4 being the bottom side layer.)

If you do not have a fab drawing that shows things like stackup, hole size table, routing/v-grooving details, fab notes, dimensions, multi-packing and others then consider making one of these for each project. Some layout packages make it straight forward to generate the fab drawing as another layer in the CAD tool. I often find it more straightforward to just do the fab drawing in another package such as AutoCad. I find it is actually easier for me to re-use portions of one fab drawing to the next when they are in a separate tool.

--
- mkaras
Reply to

One other thing is permission to remove unconnected pads in internal layers (if you haven't removed these in the gerbers, and you don't mind them being removed).

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

All of this has been helpful. Thanks lots.

Reply to
Robert Baer

? 2010?4?30???? UTC

+8??5:46:35?Robert Baer???

Jiangmen ABQ Electronic Material Co.,LTD was estimated in the year of 2006.

specialized in the production of high-end photoimageable PCB ink.

We passed the ISO9001 quality standard identification.and ISO14001.

Our Main products:

PISM white colour RS-2000 (W series)for LED ( patent products ),

PISM white colour matt for automative (we have TS16949 certificate , in Eur ope our RS-2000 WDM already be appointed to use in Automative industry,so t here are a lot of PCB factory from china ,from korea ,from Thailand are buy ing RS-2000 WDM for their Europe automotive order).

Electronica spray ink RS-2000 SP(our electronica spray ink is sucessful in Korea market already)

PISM green colour RS-2000GL

PISM other colours RS-2000 BL,K,Y,R ,and others.

$UV cured solder mask UV-1000 G green colour

UV cured solder mask UV-1000 W white colour

Etching ink RS-1200,RS-1280,RS-8580

UV etching ink UV-680,UV 690.

Conduction current carbon ink RF-1860

Low pressure coating ink:RS-2000 BDHF

Marking ink.

All of our products are approved by UL ,(UL filenumber :E-310593).

Main customers in china :Founder technology ,Tiger builder ,Red board ,KB

,mankun and so on.

Due to we are setting up a new factory ,the total produce capacity will

reach 800tons per month.

In order to meet the new capacity we must develop oversea market largely

with very competitive price.

Our oversea market is developing very fast on the basis of our competitive

price ,stable quality ,excellent service.

Now our oversea market is :korea ,russia ,india ,parkistan,saudi,brazil

,usa,vietnam,turkey,Iran,malaysia and so on.

Consindering the cost ,now more and more PCB manufacturers choose china

mainland PCB ink supplier.

Now we are developing your market,so if we can get cooperation chance from

you then we will be very much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you and best regards.

Mrs. Wang

Export Manager

Jiangmen ABQ Electronic Material CO.,LTD

Facebook:

Video:

Web:

E-MAIL: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com | snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com